Quantcast

harold parker, 13Apr06

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the local spot is just down the road from work, and i've been riding this place for a long time, as it's really close to my home too. since the days are longer and weather's nicer, a few of us from spin class have decided to ditch thursday's class in favor of some riding which is actually fun. this week we decided to do the newer s-track in HP, also known as the 'unibomber'.

although there are no climbs of note, this is a massively fun section of trail riding...it's got twists and turns, embedded rocks galore, and enough short but steep ups to test your line choice and leg strength. last night was an amazing time for riding; we'd been hit w/ a t-storm/hail storm about an hour before we started riding, and the ground was nice and tacky (though there were some slick roots remaining). i really wished i'd brought my camera, as the lighting was amazing, esp around salem pond. anyway, these sorts of threads are a bit boring w/ no photo evidence as accompaniment, so i'll cut it short.

next week the camera will be in the pack.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you can string together a ~20 mile loop of 99% singletrack riding. it's solid, and i can't stress how good the new trails are. *really* fun stuff.

splat

Nam I am
Uni-bomber !!! FUN!!!

I Are Baboon said:
I've heard lots of good things about that place and have seen some very nice pictures. :)

Berkshire_rider owes me a tour of that place.
Berkshire _rider ????????? I don't think so! Try JustBill, Bill has created a bunch of those trails ( I Know had a lot to do with Unibomber )

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
splat said:
Uni-bomber !!! FUN!!!

Berkshire _rider ????????? I don't think so! Try JustBill, Bill has created a bunch of those trails ( I Know had a lot to do with Unibomber )
whatever happened to bill? i havent heard from him in a long time. although the last i did hear of him was that he got a new job that seemed to be a bit more secure than his last one so hopefully he is doing well.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I Are Baboon said:
Berkshire_rider owes me a tour of that place.
splat said:
:stupid:

HP is almost up to Andover. I've only ridden there once. I think I owe you a tour of Douglas State Forest, Not Harold Parker. :) :clue: :think:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
McGRP01 said:
Narlus, is HP near/in Andover? I think I've ridden there. If I'm thinking of the same place, it's really cool. :thumb:
yeah its in andover. which is kind of funny because its across town from me and yet i barely ride there.