Quantcast

Harrisonburg DH trip on 2-25

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
Alright, so heres the situation. I can go both days and ive got two vehicles to choose from: '92 for aerostar 7 passenger (or more) with a trailer hitch (not too much power). 97 F-150 regular cab 8 ft bed (alot of people in the back and bikes on the trailer)
I can drive either I think but my only qeustion is will we need 4-wheel drive, because we dont have it on either. Also, are the hills paved or concrete and how steep (the F-150 has waaay more power)
Keep me posted or call my cell phone if you want. Ill be working alot today and tomorrow so I'll probably have to call you back. 698-0780

Also, can someone explain how we will shuttle and whose driving when, because whoever is driving wont be riding right? Sorry for all the questions, but any answers would be nice.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
Alright, so heres the situation. I can go both days and ive got two vehicles to choose from: '92 for aerostar 7 passenger (or more) with a trailer hitch (not too much power). 97 F-150 regular cab 8 ft bed (alot of people in the back and bikes on the trailer)
I can drive either I think but my only qeustion is will we need 4-wheel drive, because we dont have it on either. Also, are the hills paved or concrete and how steep (the F-150 has waaay more power)
Keep me posted or call my cell phone if you want. Ill be working alot today and tomorrow so I'll probably have to call you back. 698-0780

Also, can someone explain how we will shuttle and whose driving when, because whoever is driving wont be riding right? Sorry for all the questions, but any answers would be nice.

Yeah the pickup for sure. Tell your dad thanks for letting us use it. The road to the top is half paved and half dirt. You dont need a 4x4 but a truck helps. We take turns driving the shuttle truck. Alternate people or if someone breaks there bike their it. It takes a little over an hour to drive from the top down pick up and drive back to the top. Hopefully we can get 4-5 runs in. Bring food and water we are not close to anything.

So who is in so far
1- denjen
2- sirknight6
3-mtnbikerboy00
4-jaekormtb
any other definates

Im getting that funny feeling in my tummy. cant wait for sat.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Couple things for us richmond boys not to forget.
1- like I said before food and water
2-Dress warm, just because it might be warm and sunny here dosnt mean it is up there. Bring extra clothes for the ride to the top if you end up in the back of the truck you will be frozen by the time you get to the top. It happened to me before.
3- bring motorcycle tiedowns for putting the bikes in the trailer. I have 2 sets, bring em if you got em

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
Couple things for us richmond boys not to forget.
1- like I said before food and water
2-Dress warm, just because it might be warm and sunny here dosnt mean it is up there. Bring extra clothes for the ride to the top if you end up in the back of the truck you will be frozen by the time you get to the top. It happened to me before.
3- bring motorcycle tiedowns for putting the bikes in the trailer. I have 2 sets, bring em if you got em
Tie downs I got...:thumb:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Have fun you guys. My wife and I did an xc weekend up there last spring. We camped near the North River out and rode our asses off. Good times. We're thinking of taking a week off this spring to do it again.

Here's the view from Reddish Knob:

And the here's one of the road to Little Bald Knob. Zoom.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
Dennis and Ralphie, Do you think you could stop and pick up one more rider on your way through C-ville? My wife said to "GO RIDE!"
Hells yeah, thats awsome. I love the first real DH ride each year.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
I'll bring a camera too because as we found out last time, Ralphie may have a high dollar camera but if you don't know how to use it you just can't take decent pics!:cool:

Jsut let me know what time I need to be ready and where to meet, also will there be room for me and my bike in someone elses ride?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
I'll bring a camera too because as we found out last time, Ralphie may have a high dollar camera but if you don't know how to use it you just can't take decent pics!:cool:

Jsut let me know what time I need to be ready and where to meet, also will there be room for me and my bike in someone elses ride?
Where do you live in Charlottesville? How easy would it be to meet at the gas station where Everyday Cafe is in Pantops on 250 near 64?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Damnit! I WISH I could go. It is going to be torture sitting at work thinking about you guys out riding. Today was amazing out and I think this weekend will be great!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
Dennis, the pantops area is about 2-3 miles from where I live so meeting you at the cafe will be no problem at all. Just let me know at what time
I'm waiting for Ralph to figure out what time we're leaving Richmond (between 7.30 and 8.00). I'll let you know what time we'll meet you once I know what time we're leaving Richmond. Do you have a cell I can call you on once we leave Richmond?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK, few of things.....

1. I'll meet Dennis at 7:30am
2. Fvck the both of you! :D
3. Woody, send me yer numbers again. I think you have mine.

and lastly

4. Fvck the both of you! :p

As my lovely wife would say, "You are SO not funny." :p

:love:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
denjen said:
I will try and bring my camera so we wont be stuck with ralph's blurry ass pictures:love:
My wife is taking the camera to South Carolina this weekend, so someone else will need to bring one.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
sirknight6 said:
OK, few of things.....

1. I'll meet Dennis at 7:30am
2. Fvck the both of you! :D
3. Woody, send me yer numbers again. I think you have mine.

and lastly

4. Fvck the both of you! :p

As my lovely wife would say, "You are SO not funny." :p

:love:
Oh yea, well at least my mom can beat up your mom!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
I will bring mine so 'you know who' dosen't take a buch of crappy pics with a camera he dosen't know how to use :cool:
Thanks, I would be pissed if we ended up with half the pics out of focus again. Wonder if he has ever heard the phrase "point and shot"

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
Damn, ya'll are harsh on Ralphie, keep up the good work. haha. But on a serious note, my older brother already called dibs on the pickup for the day to go dirtbike riding so I can't bring it. Sorry guys. Is this thing still gonna be possible without it? I can probably bring it next weekend if that one is on too. The aerostar wont make it there and back in one piece to thats no-go either. Sorry for the let down, I'll check on whos using the vehicles before i promise them next time.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
Damn, ya'll are harsh on Ralphie, keep up the good work. haha. But on a serious note, my older brother already called dibs on the pickup for the day to go dirtbike riding so I can't bring it. Sorry guys. Is this thing still gonna be possible without it? I can probably bring it next weekend if that one is on too. The aerostar wont make it there and back in one piece to thats no-go either. Sorry for the let down, I'll check on whos using the vehicles before i promise them next time.
Trailer will be full.....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
Thanks, I would be pissed if we ended up with half the pics out of focus again. Wonder if he has ever heard the phrase "point and shot"

yeah yeah yeah....I hear ya.....you are SO not funny!:eviltongu

:D

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
ok, so where exactly are these magical DH trails? I'm at school out in cali, but my parents have a place in Bluemont right off route 7. I've been building my own trails up there, but variety is the spice of life as they say.

I've gone into every bike shop from leesburg to winchester asking where the downhill trails are, and either everybody is really good at keeping secrets or there's not much around. Glad to know that dhrs actually exist around where I live. Also, anybody ever poach runs on the AT. It's right next to my place, but I know it's "closed to bikes" and such.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous! I wish I could go ride my bike instead of being stuck inside going crazy trying to get all this **** done before my competition!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous! I wish I could go ride my bike instead of being stuck inside going crazy trying to get all this **** done before my competition!

You will be with us in spirit....we shall say a prayer and sacrifice a squirrel in your honor! :thumb:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
I guess we are back to the original shuttle truck. We have 5 people going and I think the truck is full.
1- denjen
2- sirknight6
3-mtnbikerboy00
4-jaekormtb
5- wood-dog
Any one else that wants to go will need to figure out their own shuttle. Sorry to sound like a dick, but we did this a couple of years ago and at the last minute it went from 4-5 people going to 10-12 people going. None of the late comers where willing to drive, we almost had a fight between 2 of the people. Not cool on a friendly little DH trip.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6 said:
You will be with us in spirit....we shall say a prayer and sacrifice a squirrel in your honor! :thumb:

I will get ralph to take some pics. since they will be blurry it ill look like we are going fast:rofl: Sorry to keep picking ralph just so much fun

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK,

mtnbikerboy00, be at my house at 7:00am

Denjen, I'll call ya later to get directions to meet you.

Woody, let me know where we need to meet with you.

I'm bringing a cooler with some water, lunch meat, bread, condiments. Any additional stuff would be great.

Anything I missed?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I also have some extra boby armor if any one needs it. I have leg armor, a fox chest and back roost guard, full face helmet(its used and may smell)may have some extra arm pads. If anyone wants to use anything let me know or I am leaving it home.

Dennis

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
I also have some extra boby armor if any one needs it. I have leg armor, a fox chest and back roost guard, full face helmet(its used and may smell)may have some extra arm pads. If anyone wants to use anything let me know or I am leaving it home.

Dennis

Gonna need it, that friend of mine is probably coming along. His first time out...He's really cool, and will fit into our circle of jerks quite nicely! :thumb:

:D