Quantcast

Harrisonburg DH trip on 2-25

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
sirknight6 said:
Gonna need it, that friend of mine is probably coming along. His first time out...He's really cool, and will fit into our circle of jerks quite nicely! :thumb:

:D

I hope thats not me? haha. But the leg armor would be nice because my fox ones are sh(ee)t. Thanks Dennis, I'll see you up there.
Ralph, I'll be at your house with bike, cooler and money at 7:00, no later. Peace, and I look forward to meeting ya'll up there.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
so what time am I going to hear from you guys tomorrow morning? And what is the name of the cafe I am meeting you at? And is the cafe by the Giant in pantops. And what....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
so what time am I going to hear from you guys tomorrow morning? And what is the name of the cafe I am meeting you at? And is the cafe by the Giant in pantops. And what....
That's what I'm wondering. We'll probably have you guys follows in yer vehicle as the jeep will be crammed with gear and such. Once there though, we can store stuff in your vehicle. Thats the tentative plan.

As far as where are we meeting...I have NO idea...Dennis, wanna answer this one?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
It is off of 64 at exit 124. It is rt 250. Take the exit go right to the top of the hill gas station is on your left. I think my wife said it is called pantops. I think it is near a grocery store

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
denjen said:
It is off of 64 at exit 124. It is rt 250. Take the exit go right to the top of the hill gas station is on your left. I think my wife said it is called pantops. I think it is near a grocery store
Yeah, that is a good description. I know exactly where you are talking about. I think it is a Giant. There is also a Blockbuster Movies in that shopping plaza.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
talked to jeff he is in. the richmond crew will meet you guys at 8:30 at starbucks. We will all get a super gigantic extra tall expresso no fat extra foam chocolate carmel latte capicino with an extra shot and then ride up together wound up out of our minds then stop and get a red bull just before we get there. I took a vicadin about an hour ago can you tell

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
talked to jeff he is in. the richmond crew will meet you guys at 8:30 at starbucks. We will all get a super gigantic extra tall expresso no fat extra foam chocolate carmel latte capicino with an extra shot and then ride up together wound up out of our minds then stop and get a red bull just before we get there. I took a vicadin about an hour ago can you tell
That explains the phone conversation.....

it sorta went like this....

***ring***

Dennis: Yeah?:looney:
Ralph: You talk to Woody...
Dennis: ahhh...well...(hiss of dead air)...I don't think so...:looney:
Ralph: We need to meet him tomorrow in C-ville at the stop you mentioned.
Dennis: ahh....yeah...we do?...where?:looney:
Ralph: Dude, did I interrupt something? (Thinking he may be bumpin nasty with the wife)
Dennis: ahhh.....no................phone was like WAY across the room...:looney:
Ralph: Alright dude, I'll call you when we leave my house.
Dennis: What time we meeting?....:looney:
Ralph: I'll call ya when I leave...later....
Dennis:.....(hiss..........) ah....cool....later.:looney:

***click***

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! :D :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
NNNnnnooooo.....:rolleyes:

:D :p

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
sirknight6 said:
Dennis: Yeah?:looney:
Ralph: You talk to Woody...
Dennis: ahhh...well...(hiss of dead air)...I don't think so...:looney:
Ralph: We need to meet him tomorrow in C-ville at the stop you mentioned.
Dennis: ahh....yeah...we do?...where?:looney:
Ralph: Dude, did I interrupt something? (Thinking he may be bumpin nasty with the wife)
Dennis: ahhh.....no................phone was like WAY across the room...:looney:
Ralph: Alright dude, I'll call you when we leave my house.
Dennis: What time we meeting?....:looney:
Ralph: I'll call ya when I leave...later....
Dennis:.....(hiss..........) ah....cool....later.:looney:
I am laughing my a$$ off so hard right now, man that is good stuff!

So I guess we are meeting at Starbucks at 830 then, right.......right?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
I am laughing my a$$ off so hard right now, man that is good stuff!

So I guess we are meeting at Starbucks at 830 then, right.......right?
Something like that...hey Dennis, bring a couple of those party favors with ya! ;)

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
yeah Ive ridden the at before its not really much of downhill there are alot of cutbacks and stuff. umm well the ski resorts are good around here. Wintergreen and Snowshoe are great. and dont complain or go back to cali

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mud'n'sweat said:
I'm expecting a full report and atleast one pic of someone eating **** by tonight!

Dude, you suck. :nonono:

If someone does eat it and gets really hurt how would you feel then? This is not Nascar, its not all about the crashes

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
BigMike said:
Dude, you suck. :nonono:

If someone does eat it and gets really hurt how would you feel then? This is not Nascar, its not all about the crashes
Lighten up maaaaaaaan. :nopity:

I'm totally joking around. You obviously have not read many of my post if you think otherwise. Great way to judge someone you don't even know....classic!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mud'n'sweat said:
Lighten up maaaaaaaan. :nopity:

I'm totally joking around. You obviously have not read many of my post if you think otherwise. Great way to judge someone you don't even know....classic!

Its not that, I just take it personally when people say stuff like that. I used to let it go and joke around about it, but it gets old when you say you are gonna go for a bike ride and everyone in the room says somthing to the effect of "don't break somthing." So what I fall a lot, that just means i'm pushing myself.

Nothing mean against you, I know you didn't mean no harm, I just dont like when people say stuff like that, and thats what they expect to see when someone comes home from a day of riding.

its all good

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
BigMike said:
but it gets old when you say you are gonna go for a bike ride and everyone in the room says somthing to the effect of "don't break somthing." So what I fall a lot, that just means i'm pushing myself.

I just dont like when people say stuff like that, and thats what they expect to see when someone comes home from a day of riding.
What are you talking about?

A. I wasn't talking to you to begin with, so I have no idea why you are asserting that.

B. I didn't tell anyone to or not to break something

C. I have no freakin' clue if you fall a lot, and honestly could care less. I fall a lot too!

D. I have eaten **** plenty in my day, including an accident that left me in a wheelchair for 7 months and doing rehabilition and PT for years afterwards. If I can still keep my sense of humor about it, I think you could probably manage to do the same.

E. It's the freakin' internet! There is plenty of things to be offended by, if this is really bothering you, you may want to throw your computer out the window.

Seriously, don't take internet BS'ing so seriously (that sentence sounds funny). I'm sure your a good guy, and hopefully we will get a chance to ride together someday as we don't live to far away from one another. I promise you I don't suck, and I will be the first person to carry a fellow rider out of anywhere if they ever get hurt.... including you!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
OK, lets leave it at that I have been staring at Photoshop and Vectorworks for the past 36 hours straight with two short breaks for "naps." I am not thinking straight, took you wrong, and then explained it wrong.

Does that work?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
BigMike said:
OK, lets leave it at that I have been staring at Photoshop and Vectorworks for the past 36 hours straight with two short breaks for "naps." I am not thinking straight, took you wrong, and then explained it wrong.

Does that work?
You need not say anymore! I'm surprised your sentences are even as cohesive as they are, i wouldn't be making a damn bit of sense after working on the computer that long :)

Are you a graphic designer?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mud'n'sweat said:
You need not say anymore! I'm surprised your sentences are even as cohesive as they are, i wouldn't be making a damn bit of sense after working on the computer that long :)

Are you a graphic designer?
I'm kinda suprised my sentances are making sense as well. I have to admit, I did take a sleep name from 3am to 9am, that was a pretty big chunk!

I am not a graphic designer, I'm a lighting designer, and trying to get a design ready for competition on WEDNESDAY!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
BigMike said:
I am not a graphic designer, I'm a lighting designer, and trying to get a design ready for competition on WEDNESDAY!
Like concert light programming? I've seen some amazing stuff. I'm a huge fan of Chris Kuroda... that guy is freakin' insane!

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Hey guys, I would like to go ride with you tom. I am coming from bristow/gainesville area. Could someone tell me where to meet up or the main road im looking for?

I have a fullsize truck that can shuttle between 8 and 10 bikes that we are welcome to use. I will check back later for directions or location to meet up with someone. I will be by myself so I have room for one to ride there.

Thanks
J

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
JYETI said:
Hey guys, I would like to go ride with you tom. I am coming from bristow/gainesville area. Could someone tell me where to meet up or the main road im looking for?

I have a fullsize truck that can shuttle between 8 and 10 bikes that we are welcome to use. I will check back later for directions or location to meet up with someone. I will be by myself so I have room for one to ride there.

Thanks
J

if "tom" means tomorrow...... you are gonna be kinda angry when you realize today is the 25th. They should be driving back around now..........:)

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
JYETI, as big mike mentioned, unfortunately you are a day late. Hopefully you can come with us next saturday the 4th though! We should have a roll call and organization thread for the ride up sometime tomm. We'd more than love to have you come along so please let us know :cool:

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Yay, kind of kicking myself right now. I completely had my days messed up. I planned on going up to the shed tom but that kind of fell through so I thought oh ill go with you guys. Damn the luck. Need to pay a little more attention. oh well i'll catch up with you guys sometime.

J

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
guys you reallt need to stop fighting, T.J. has a bad wreck and we had to take him to the hospital. As far as I know he is still there, Ralph said he would call as soon as they left. so when I know how hwe is doing.... so will you