Quantcast

Harrisonburg DH trip on 2-25

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
NAAAWWWW! I am just fvucking with you guys because you are fighting like school girls. We had a good time, the riding was ok at best but we had great conversation all day. However, I do not see myself going back to Flagpole Knob EVER! The shuttle ride was about 30-45 minutes long and half of it was up this dirty ass road filled with potholes. Then the 5-7 minute ride down was pretty much point and shoot and ride the brakes. Then when we got to the bottom we had to pedal our bikes for about a mile untill we came to the meeting area. So the riding....blah. But the fellowship...was right-on!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
It was a fun time! we cussed, we all came out of the closet, talked about brown foam and poo...:blah:

The trail was a great break in after along ass break. Need to change springs and oil in my fork, to DAMN stiff.

I'll have some pics up.

The shuttle part REALY sucked.....but the day was fun, and contrary to popular belief, it was an exercise in speed control on leaf covers rocks.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
sirknight6 said:
talked about brown foam and poo...:blah:
Aw crap, I forgot about the foam! But not the bird $hit! or Denjens crack:rofl:
And to Mtnbikerboy, I am having trouble with the photoshop accepting my photos for some reason, but I will get you posted.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, I was kind of surprised you guys were not riding reddish. I have not been there before though. Pretty weak? I thought someone said it was only about 1-2 miles?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
mud'n'sweat said:
Yeah, I was kind of surprised you guys were not riding reddish. I have not been there before though. Pretty weak? I thought someone said it was only about 1-2 miles?

No it was not pretty weak. Yes the ride up was a little long and there was dirt road that kinda was a bitch riding out. Yes the trail was about 1 1/2-2 miles but it dropped about 1300 feet in that distance. It was flowy and fast as you wanted it to be.
I had a great time.Thanks to Ralph for driving. Sorry not everyone had a good time. Anytime I can fid 1300 feet of vertical drop I am happy

Dennis

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
No it was not pretty weak. Yes the ride up was a little long and there was dirt road that kinda was a bitch riding out. Yes the trail was about 1 1/2-2 miles but it dropped about 1300 feet in that distance. It was flowy and fast as you wanted it to be.
I had a great time.Thanks to Ralph for driving. Sorry not everyone had a good time. Anytime I can fid 1300 feet of vertical drop I am happy

Dennis
It was balls out fast. 2 sections were a bit on the sketchy side though. The off camber leaf covered with a cliff to your left, and then loose leaf covered rocks.

I myself had a blast. Bitch of it is though is this fvcking cold...I'm coughing and hacking this morning real bad, and my chest is on fire.

It was fun, for me anyway, sick or not. :thumb:

BTW, wife thinks the Jeep looks REAL cool! I have a few pics I'll post soon....

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6 said:
It was balls out fast. 2 sections were a bit on the sketchy side though. The off camber leaf covered with a cliff to your left, and then loose leaf covered rocks.

I myself had a blast. Bitch of it is though is this fvcking cold...I'm coughing and hacking this morning real bad, and my chest is on fire.

It was fun, for me anyway, sick or not. :thumb:

BTW, wife thinks the Jeep looks REAL cool! I have a few pics I'll post soon....
Glad your wife likes the jeep. My wife would be pissed if I brought her truck back like that

jaekormtb

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
South Korea & Virginia
Hey, I had a fine time riding. Yo Brian, thanks for shuttling. Nice meeting BJ, Donny and Ken, too. I wish I could go next weekend, but the folks are coming into town, you know the drill.
Cheers
Scott

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
jaekormtb said:
Hey, I had a fine time riding. Yo Brian, thanks for shuttling. Nice meeting BJ, Donny and Ken, too. I wish I could go next weekend, but the folks are coming into town, you know the drill.
Cheers
Scott
thats some funny sh*t

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
jaekormtb said:
Cheers
Scott
Hey Scott, here are the pics. Sorry they're so BLURRY! ;)

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Nice! That is a good quick drop. How many times did you guys shuttle it? Did you get any pic's on the trail by chance?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
BUCKET said:
Reddish Knob is an area, or point of interest - Flagpole is in this area. Reddish Knob isn't a trail.

There is a trail at or around Reddish Knob......... I've ridden it. I don't know where it was because I wasnt driving, but its there!

My favorite must be Bald Mountain :drool:

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
BigMike said:
There is a trail at or around Reddish Knob......... I've ridden it. I don't know where it was because I wasnt driving, but its there!

My favorite must be Bald Mountain :drool:
Yep, it sure is.

Bald Mountain is a blast! :thumb:

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
mud'n'sweat said:
Nice! That is a good quick drop. How many times did you guys shuttle it? Did you get any pic's on the trail by chance?
We only shuttled it 3 times, but it was time well spent on a saturday. Yes, we did get s few action pics on the trail but Woody said hes having difficulty gettin them one his computer. They should be up soon though.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
We only shuttled it 3 times, but it was time well spent on a saturday. Yes, we did get s few action pics on the trail but Woody said hes having difficulty gettin them one his computer. They should be up soon though.
Figures the only pic's that were taken was when I had drive back...:eviltongu

:banghead: :(

:)

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
jaekormtb said:
Cheers
Scott

I guess it would have been silly of me to have expected this to NOT come up:D

And I am still having issues with photoshop, it is taking about 13 minutes to download one photo. If anyone has any advice as to what I can to to increase the speed of the download, let me know.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
wood-dog said:
I guess it would have been silly of me to have expected this to NOT come up:D

And I am still having issues with photoshop, it is taking about 13 minutes to download one photo. If anyone has any advice as to what I can to to increase the speed of the download, let me know.
umm.... don't use photoshop to download them!

are you getting them off your camera, or though a card reader? if it it through your camera, it should have come with software to DL the photos (which is usually slow and sucks)

If it is on your card reader, it should have come with software to download the pics (usually a little faster, but still sucks)

Or...... you coudl go into My computer and just drag them off the camera/mem card.

Once you get them on your computer, THEN open them in Photochop and do your voodoo

Or.... find a Mac and use Image capture, which I have found is by far the fastest/easiest

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I think woody's enter key cracked, thus causing him to become frustrated to the point that he threw his monitor across the room. Oh yeah, and wouldn't you know it, there is a big crack right down the middle of the screen now too!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I was going to say that the flood gates have been cracked open, but i think we are well beyond that now.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
This is the only pic I could get downloaded.... I call it crack kills

Damn dude thats fvcked up. You promised that wouldnt get out. You said what happens on the moutain stays on the moutain.

It is cracking me up though

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
You all are the biggest group of losers i've ever seen. All you can do with your time is sit around on the internet and make jokes about some other guys butt?

What, are you on Crack? :p