Quantcast

Has America 'lost' in Iraq?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
With the continuing worsening of the situation in Iraq, (there are now an average of 65 attacks per day on American troops, Electrical supply is worstening, there is an increasing desire for separate states from the Sunni and Kurds, etc. etc.) the Bush administration has significantly lowered it’s expectations of what it hopes to achieve in terms of it’s nation building attempts. (Washington Post)

According to unnamed officials “Washington no longer expects to see a model new democracy, a self-supporting oil industry or a society in which the majority of people are free from serious security or economic challenges.”

Wow, that’s some pretty basic failures right there. Wasn’t the last excuse for the invasion to bring democracy to the people of Iraq? Now even that, just like the WMD, has vanished into the haze of Bullsh1t that surrounds this whole affair.
The US initially planned to build Iraq as a secular and modern country that honors human rights and unites disparate ethnic and religious communities.
But the paper said the document on which Iraq’s future will be built will require laws to be compliant with Islam.
Kurds and Shias are expecting de facto long-term political privileges and women’s rights will not be as firmly entrenched as Washington has tried to insist, the report said.
“We set out to establish a democracy, but we’re slowly realizing we will have some form of Islamic republic,” the Post quotes another US official as saying.
And under an Islamic republic how long will democracy last? The US has actually managed to end up with a worse situation than they had in 1990. At least then Iraq was a US-friendly secular dictatorship, buying our weapons and selling us Oil, and the people had a 1st world quality of life, aside from the occasional disapeerings of noisy political types.

Now it seems in a few years it will be a theocratic dictatorship, and a breeding and training ground for anti-western terrorists. I mean, really, nice going.
Just to finish off, Why don’t we take some primed nuclear warheads over there too with instructions and blueprints for their use in Arabic, and give them away to the locals? Maybe we could set up some sort of country wide drug manufacturing industry whilst we’re at it?

Failing to achieve even the last of his shody excuses for empire building, can it now be said that Bush has well and truly failed in Iraq?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Except in the stock market, only a complete moron would have left their cash in play this long... anyone with a brain would have cashed out of Iraq 2 years ago. Actually anyone with a brain would have never even considered that investment. Never mind.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
N8 said:
Like the stock market, you don't lose or win until you cash out.
You gonna send your daughter over there when she turns 18?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BeerDemon said:
You gonna send your daughter over there when she turns 18?
Damn good question.

Let's see if it gets answered.

Here's another:

N8, when are you signing up?

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
N8 won't answer the question so I will. He's stupid, but not quite stupid enough to send his own child into the fray. He won't answer the question because to do so would invalidate his stance on the issue. Same reason shrub won't talk to that woman outside his ranch.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
H8R said:
Damn good question.

Let's see if it gets answered.

Here's another:

N8, when are you signing up?
If my daughter wants to serve like I did when I was 18 then more power to her.

NEWSFLASH!
The US has a 100% VOLUNTEER military. No one has been forced to join. Perhaps this is something you non-vet d0rX0rs can't grasp the concept of..???

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BeerDemon said:
Same reason shrub won't talk to that woman outside his ranch.

:yawn:

You mean talk to her AGAIN, right?

"I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis,' Cindy said after their meeting [with Pres. Bush]. 'I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith."

"That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together," Cindy said.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
N8 said:
If my daughter wants to serve like I did when I was 18 then more power to her.
Let's hope she doesn't get killed for oil too.

N8 said:
NEWSFLASH! The US has a 100% VOLUNTEER military. No one has been forced to join. Perhaps this is something you non-vet d0rX0rs can't grasp the concept of..???
Really? WOW! Thanks uncle N8. You learn us good.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
N8 said:
Let's hope both you and her don't get killed for some twisted form of Islam either... like all those who died on Sept. 11th.
So you're suggesting that Iraq and Sept 11 are connected?

edit: and I mean connected by something other than the fact that by invading Iraq we managed to increase the number of Arabs who are pissed off at the USA by about tenfold.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So, just to make sure I'm following your thought process in this thread:

You think that what we are doing in Iraq is somehow reducing the probability of Americans being targeted by Islamic extremists?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
N8 said:
Let's hope both you and her don't get killed for some twisted form of Islam either... like all those who died on Sept. 11th.
Why would me and your kid be in the same place?

:think:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Echo said:
So, just to make sure I'm following your thought process in this thread:

You think that what we are doing in Iraq is somehow reducing the probability of Americans being targeted by Islamic extremists?
Nope... that theat is not confined to some country alone (Iraq).

But, our involvement in Iraq has eliminated a that country's former dictator from developing a conventional nuke or a dirty bomb which would likely end up blasting Israel or a US city near you.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
N8 said:
She might be the prosecuting attorney at your trail???
What the hell is your kid doing on my trail?

I'm trying to ride my bike, and she's throwing the book at me.

Remind your kid that singletrack riding is not illegal on private trails.

Meanwhile, Islamic militants are plotting to blow up my trail, along with me and your delusional child.

This is getting interesting.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
H8R said:
What the hell is your kid doing on my trail?

I'm trying to ride my bike, and she's throwing the book at me.

Remind your kid that singletrack riding is not illegal on private trails.

Meanwhile, Islamic militants are plotting to blow up my trail, along with me and your delusional child.

This is getting interesting.
:p!!!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
N8 said:
Nope... that theat is not confined to some country alone (Iraq).

But, our involvement in Iraq has eliminated a that country's former dictator from developing a conventional nuke or a dirty bomb which would likely end up blasting Israel or a US city near you.
Uh Huh. Really? By that standard you've got 40 or 50 other countries to invade ASAP! Quick before they all develop nukes to attack you!

Your involvement in Iraq has ensured that is 100 times more likely that if terrorists do get a bomb, the first people they'll think of trying to use it is America.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Echo said:
Except in the stock market, only a complete moron would have left their cash in play this long... anyone with a brain would have cashed out of Iraq 2 years ago. Actually anyone with a brain would have never even considered that investment. Never mind.
Well if you knew anything about the stock market you would know that it has always recovered and had large increases in value over time. So what does that say about Iraq?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
gschuette said:
Well if you knew anything about the stock market you would know that it has always recovered and had large increases in value over time. So what does that say about Iraq?
It says that if Iraq happens to be 1929 or 1987, you're ****ed unless you sold short...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
gschuette said:
Except now instead of dollars we're talking human lives. The problem is that there are people in our government who don't understand the difference between games and real life, they sit in an armored building and push little army men around on a game board.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Echo said:
Except now instead of dollars we're talking human lives. The problem is that there are people in our government who don't understand the difference between games and real life, they sit in an armored building and push little army men around on a game board.

Fewer people have died in this war than just about any other conflict the U.S. has been in. Rosevelt sat in a building and talked strategy with Stalin and Churchill. If I remember right the good guys won in that conflict. So are you proposing Bush and his aides go sit in a minefield when they draw up battleplans? You liberals sure are out of touch with reality.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
gschuette said:
Fewer people have died in this war than just about any other conflict the U.S. has been in. Rosevelt sat in a building and talked strategy with Stalin and Churchill. If I remember right the good guys won in that conflict. So are you proposing Bush and his aides go sit in a minefield when they draw up battleplans? You liberals sure are out of touch with reality.
This isn't WW2 son! LOL!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
gschuette said:
I suppose I should get in touch with reality and start parroting how well things are going over there, and how the insurgency is about to be defeated :thumb:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
gschuette said:

A better compairson would be the number of US civilains killed within the span of a few hours on Sept 11th and the number of US service personnel killed in Iraq over the last two and a half years.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
N8 said:
A better compairson would be the number of US civilains killed within the span of a few hours on Sept 11th and the number of US service personnel killed in Iraq over the last two and a half years.

Once again N8, how are Iraq and 9/11 related?