Quantcast

Has anyone else been using that Airborne stuff when they get sick?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I am not sure if it really works or if it is just a placebo effect or something, but it does seem to make my colds go away sooner.

Which suprises the hell out of me that it seems to work...

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Tenchiro said:
I am not sure if it really works or if it is just a placebo effect or something, but it does seem to make my colds go away sooner.

Which suprises the hell out of me that it seems to work...
My buddy just came up from Cali and had it with him, my parents use it, and my sibling uses it.....so 4 people can't be wrong, well 5 couting you. In all seriousness, sounds promising.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Im a Pharmacist and we sell a lot of it. Everyone tells me it works. The combo of herbs and vitamins should help your body fight off foreign bacteria if you catch it early. It works and tastes better than Zicam, too. The chewy candies tast like crap.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Kanter said:
Im a Pharmacist and we sell a lot of it. Everyone tells me it works. The combo of herbs and vitamins should help your body fight off foreign bacteria if you catch it early. It works and tastes better than Zicam, too. The chewy candies tast like crap.
Not to hijack, hear much about echinecia (sp.?) or zinc, or are they placebo?

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
Meat Foot said:
Not to hijack, hear much about echinecia (sp.?) or zinc, or are they placebo?
I heard in a recent study that echinacea doesn't do what they though it did. Last I heard is that zinc does work, simply because it blocks the cell receptors that the cold virus would use to infect you.

Kanter said:
Im a Pharmacist and we sell a lot of it. Everyone tells me it works. The combo of herbs and vitamins should help your body fight off foreign bacteria if you catch it early.
I am just suprised at how effective it really is. I usually have really horrible, long drawn out colds and the Airborne cuts them down to a matter of a day or two.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Tenchiro said:
I am just suprised at how effective it really is. I usually have really horrible, long drawn out colds and the Airborne cuts them down to a matter of a day or two.
How about while one is brewing along nicely, I am a snot factory :mumble: , have been since Monday....stuff work for stuff that is brewing?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Meat Foot said:
How about while one is brewing along nicely, I am a snot factory :mumble: , have been since Monday....stuff work for stuff that is brewing?
It'll make it go away quicker. (at least in my experience)

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
Meat Foot said:
Can't hurt, I am just now getting over one that came on Tuesday.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Tenchiro said:
I heard in a recent study that echinacea doesn't do what they though it did. Last I heard is that zinc does work, simply because it blocks the cell receptors that the cold virus would use to infect you.

I read the same thing about echinacea.

Zicam is another one on the market but it tastes terrible and I have heard it can actually harm your taste buds.

Stick with Airborne or Germ Defense (generic).

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Kanter said:
I read the same thing about echinacea.

Zicam is another one on the market but it tastes terrible and I have heard it can actually harm your taste buds.

Stick with Airborne or Germ Defense (generic).
Zicam has zinc in it I believe.

If you are Zinc deficient, zinc itself (or things with zinc in them) will taste quite good. As soon as you have enough zinc in your system, it will taste awful.

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
bluebug32 said:
so is Airborne the actual name of it? Is it a spray like Zicam?That's what I usually use, but my body seems to hate it and trys to sneeze it all out.
Yeah, it is just called Airborne.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
robdamanii said:
Zicam has zinc in it I believe.

If you are Zinc deficient, zinc itself (or things with zinc in them) will taste quite good. As soon as you have enough zinc in your system, it will taste awful.
Really? I didnt know that. Where did you hear that?