Quantcast

Has anyone had issues with the the D2?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Not if you want to protect your head. That's why I think $400 helmets are bogus. Stick with a decent, albeit heavier helmet, and replace it regularly. It'll smell less, and if you ever get in a serious accident (God forbid) you're chances of surviving are so much better.

It's what's inside the helmet that matters, not what's outside!

dhrookie

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
Obetz, OH
Lol dood, he's from OH, I speak from personal experience, there are no mountains in the midwest...He's probably never ridden real DH
Bold statement man. Just cause one lives in Ohio means he/she has never rode "real DH"? Yeah, people in Ohio don't own cars so we can't travel to TN, WV, NJ, NY, etc. etc. Got news for you, we do, and we travel.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Lol dood, he's from OH, I speak from personal experience, there are no mountains in the midwest...He's probably never ridden real DH
Right, nobody has a car. Ohioans don't travel to snowshoe, diablo, windrock, or build our own trails. You can't build anything fun on 300 feet of vert in ohio either. Ohio Freeride Fest on Vimeo Just because you live near a mountain, you don't need to be a pompous jackass to everyone who enjoys the sport that does not.

Its his money, is there something wrong with wanting your purchase to be right? I don't care if I spent $100 on a helmet, I would want it to be right. When we are talking about $3000 frames and $2000 forks, is a $400 dollar helmet that far out of the question?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Dude, if you post a question on the world's most sarcastic mountain bike forum, you have to be prepared to catch some flak from a bunch of retards.

If you ask a question about something that's arguably silly and not important, that's a completely different level. There's a certain backlash to riders that care so much about the way they look vs. the way they ride, so you better have a thick skin. In my opinion, complaining that the stickers on your $400 helmet don't line up by 10mm is not a big deal nor worthy of calling the company to complain. That's a beautiful, lightweight helmet, and it looks badass even with mismatched stickers. If they had sent you the wrong stickers, or they looked nothing like what was shown on the website, or the helmet was cracked or misformed, then by all means, complain, ask questions, etc. It just seems foolish to me to make a big deal over such a small piece of kit, especially when the only time anybody should see it is when it flies by them at 40mph.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
dhrookie:

If it's any help - I have the exact same helmet for 09' and took a look at your picture and then at my helmet to see what was going on.

It appears that the graphics on the HELMET itself are off - NOT the visor.

On my helmet the pinstriping and empty spaces line up exactly as yours do on the edge of the visor near the visor bolt, however - it seems that the giant "TLD" logo on the helmet itself has been applied in the wrong place. It is shifted too far to the right (in your picture). This explains the mis-alignment of the visor and helmet graphics.

dhrookie

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
Obetz, OH
dhrookie:

If it's any help - I have the exact same helmet for 09' and took a look at your picture and then at my helmet to see what was going on.

It appears that the graphics on the HELMET itself are off - NOT the visor.

On my helmet the pinstriping and empty spaces line up exactly as yours do on the edge of the visor near the visor bolt, however - it seems that the giant "TLD" logo on the helmet itself has been applied in the wrong place. It is shifted too far to the right (in your picture). This explains the mis-alignment of the visor and helmet graphics.
Yes it is the helmet, they sent me two visors and it looked the same way. However Troy Lee is sending me a new helmet that lines up right.

The issue is resolved, PLEASE let this thread die like it needs to. Thanks for all the help.

smoke brakes

Monkey
May 18, 2007
one step closer to the lord
make them get off there pony and pay for fed x both freekin ways !
no way should a customer pay for a vendor mistake ,
its bull **** customer service and out sourcing thats fked this country up
stand up for what ya paid for , nough bull ****

that said , they do make an outstanding product

power to the people , down with the man !

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Right, nobody has a car. Ohioans don't travel to snowshoe, diablo, windrock, or build our own trails. You can't build anything fun on 300 feet of vert in ohio either. http://www.vimeo.com/2484615 Just because you live near a mountain, you don't need to be a pompous jackass to everyone who enjoys the sport that does not.

Its his money, is there something wrong with wanting your purchase to be right? I don't care if I spent $100 on a helmet, I would want it to be right. When we are talking about $3000 frames and $2000 forks, is a $400 dollar helmet that far out of the question?
Yes, there is something wrong with a $400 helmet if it comprises function for fashion (which all reports indicate it does). And yes, I'm well aware that the midwest can have super fun stuff, I just like to be a dick... This is where I learned to ride myself (outside Chicago)

http://teamsally.com/tstn.php?gallery_id=97

You will be missed CPX...