Quantcast

Has anyone heard where Matti Lehikoinen found a new home?

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
Pretty sure its to early to say he fell of the map, its contract announcement season in MTB land for most people. Although there have been a few announcments made they were usually where teams had folded with new team emerging or team that were staying the same. A few like Gwin seemed to be used by both company's as PR. But from what i've seen the first month or two are where the majority of the announcements are made. Otherwise you could say the same about steve smith and needles

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Pretty sure its to early to say he fell of the map, its contract announcement season in MTB land for most people. Although there have been a few announcments made they were usually where teams had folded with new team emerging or team that were staying the same. A few like Gwin seemed to be used by both company's as PR. But from what i've seen the first month or two are where the majority of the announcements are made. Otherwise you could say the same about steve smith and needles
Any rumors on where Stevie is going?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Matti has decided to save his sponsors all that time and money of getting jerseys made and bikes built up by just going straight to hospital this year.

Wish him all the best when he does find a team, he's super fast when he's not broken.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
I feel like stevie is under represented. He is sick for sure, but he lacks the attention that gwin is getting. I think with that kind of attention, stevie would dominate.
What does that even mean? "under represented"

Gwin is ranked 3rd overall after only 2 complete seasons in the sport. Stevie is ranked 7th. If these roles were reversed, I bet Stevie would be getting more attention. Both are rad BTW

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Gwin is ranked 3rd overall after only 2 complete seasons in the sport. Stevie is ranked 7th. If these roles were reversed, I bet Stevie would be getting more attention. Both are rad BTW
Smith also got 2nd in World Champs behind Hill, even with a hiccup in a rock garden. How did Gwin do? 4th?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Smith also got 2nd in World Champs behind Hill, even with a hiccup in a rock garden. How did Gwin do? 4th?
True, but then again, thats only 1 race, if i won that doesnt make me better than the WC guys, just means i had a good race. I am NOT implying steve smith sucks, nor am i anywhere near that level.

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
I hope Matti finds a good home. I still watch his part in The Tipping Point and get so pumped to go ride. Probably my favorite movie segment ever.
You made me blow the dust off my copy and watch it again. It is reallt good that part.

Hope we see Matti back on form again this season.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Sorry if that came off as rabble rousing, not intentional.

I just mean that I don't believe in some conspiracy to keep Stevie out of the limelight. The guy is a talent, and it's a treat to watch him get crazy. If and when he starts getting more consistent results, it seems he'll get more consistent attention from media.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
What does that even mean? "under represented"

I stand behind everything but my last sentence. I think I was on drugs. But my point was probably that I never see stevie getting press anymore. It is more Gwin this, Gee that....

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I'd guess Kovarik and Claire to factory Intense.

Camellini to Kona maybe? May sound odd but they don't have a team at the moment and they had more than a bit of success with another fast french man in the form of Barel.

No idea about Cunningham, would be a shame if he didnt get a team though as he definitely has a lot of potential

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
I stand behind everything but my last sentence. I think I was on drugs. But my point was probably that I never see stevie getting press anymore. It is more Gwin this, Gee that....
Well Gee is probably the best all-round mountain biker in the world. He deserves the press IMO. I agree with you regarding Stevie though. His day will come for sure. As will Brendan's.