Quantcast

has anyone read the article on kamloops in bike?

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
jra. just reading along and came across an article about illegal trail building in kamloops. it seems that if we get enough people together to build trails everywhere, private corporate owned land, private farm land, in view of neighborhoods and housing developments, the local governing body will build us a mtb park! doesn't matter if the trails are shoddy or professional, grab all the plywood, 2x4 and 12 in. lagbolts you can carry, and head up into the closest woods to your house and start building! if it works in canada, it's gotta work here right? don't forget to be an out of towner, take ownership of the trail you built, then threaten the true landowner when he tells you not to ride "your" trail anymore! we'll all get that bike park for sure if we do this! who's with me!!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
SR said:
the Burnside strategy
Only you and brock will know what that means :) ..... oh and maybe me..... :)

Funny thing the skaters in seattle are trying again to do the same thing, and they referenced the Ptown park on the news........

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
yep, seattle skaters have ramps and cementage under one of the overpasses as we speak. even though the few parks in seattle are still there....(although the park in Ballard is being raped of it's skatelite)

there is still a war with bikers and skaters (understandably so....) but I predict, in the future most cities and parks departments will have an alotted amount of funds for "alternative parks". they will be open to anyone, just as the soccer fields are open to frisbee tossers, footballers and family picnickers.

the same goes for 'freeride' parks for those non-motor using motor cycles people ride down hills on. only, because it's a new sport/hobby, it's gunna be a few years behind...:nuts:

but even still, there will always be someone building their own stuff. be it in the woods or under a bridge or in the alley behind some loading dock.