Quantcast

Has anyone ridden Elizabethtown NY?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Re: blueberry, my wife made me a blueberry buckle today. I ate mine with caramel swirl ice cream.

#helpful

(random image of a blueberry buckle, and don't you people act like you wouldn't eat this)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yes. Otis Mountain. I was just daydreaming about it the other day. I liked it a lot, but it will be a while before I get to go back :(. It's a cool little place, good for a few hours. We stopped by on our way to Killington, so didn't ride Blueberry Mountain. But we ran into a member of the Barkeaters who told us the ownder of Otis, and a the Barkeater Alliance were planning on making Blueberry a destination network (a little like Kindom Trails, but without the attitude). I would say you'd be good for a weekend of riding between the two.

THis is halfway up the main climb.
1595856145291.png

1595856200249.png

posing:
1595856270084.png

yes. Otis Mountain. I was just daydreaming about it the other day. I liked it a lot, but it will be a while before I get to go back :(. It's a cool little place, good for a few hours. We stopped by on our way to Killington, so didn't ride Blueberry Mountain. But we ran into a member of the Barkeaters who told us the ownder of Otis, and a the Barkeater Alliance were planning on making Blueberry a destination network (a little like Kindom Trails, but without the attitude). I would say you'd be good for a weekend of riding between the two.

THis is halfway up the main climb.
View attachment 147950
View attachment 147951

posing:
View attachment 147952
It's only an hour from me, planning to go Wednesday.

So I rode Blueberry with a friend who isn't normally a mountain biker - he's a hiker and skis. He was on a rigid Specialized Rockhopper with cantis, so i took the Moonlander. A lot of Blueberry looks as though it started out as logging roads; there's a bunch of newer construction weaving around and between those roads, some obviously still being built. Terrain's steep, rocky and rooty, seems to be glacial till. We rode for a few hours and i enjoyed it; Barry may or not be broken, we shall see.

00.jpg