Quantcast

Has Manitou turned the corner?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
So I know the Hayes Bicycle Group bought them a while back.

When I built my 29er SS Hardtail I was on a tight budget so I grabbed up some on sale items. One of them was a First Gen Manitou Tower fork. I've been running it since early winter and have yet to have any problems at all with it, on top of that it has excellent damping, a pretty good suspension feel, and it's stiffer than my 2010 Reba.

So did I get a good apple out of a bad bunch, or has manipoo turned the corner?

I'm giving it praise, so I'm bound to blow a seal next time I take it out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
from what i've heard, yea, they're starting to come around. definitely still room for improvement tho. but it's gonna take them another few years before they shed their manipoo reputation.

shiggy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2006
PDX
So I know the Hayes Bicycle Group bought them a while back.

When I built my 29er SS Hardtail I was on a tight budget so I grabbed up some on sale items. One of them was a First Gen Manitou Tower fork. I've been running it since early winter and have yet to have any problems at all with it, on top of that it has excellent damping, a pretty good suspension feel, and it's stiffer than my 2010 Reba.

So did I get a good apple out of a bad bunch, or has manipoo turned the corner?

I'm giving it praise, so I'm bound to blow a seal next time I take it out.
I think Manitou forks have been pretty good for a few years.

The only issue I had with my Minute 29 was it would not hold pressure after a year.

I had let the oil bath cup at the top of the air leg go dry. Added 10cc of oil and all good.
Totally my fault, though I did not know I needed to check the oil level.