Quantcast

Hauling Gear

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
What do you guys use for Hauling your gear around? I am looking for something that I can put my shoes / helmet and everything else in.

Just wondering what other people are using. Links / pictures would be great.

M

J

JRB

I just throw mine in the Xterra. Wumpus has a giant bag that we have to carry in a Kenworth when we go ride.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
DRB said:
Specialized has a bag like that.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=9807

I don't know the quality of their bags now but I know a guy that has been using the same specialized bag for 11 years now without a single issue (well its looks like hell but still functions).
I have one of those older Specialized bags and it has held up really well. It has a pocket on one end for a helmet and one on the other for shoes. The big central area holds the rest of whatever you need. It is great for XC rides, but fills up fast when you put a full-face and some armor in it.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have a nice size Nike bag that I bought The Sports Authority for like $40. It holds all my crap plus spare tubes, tools, etc. It even has a separate compartment to store my shoes. It looks real similar to this baseball gear bag.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I use an old soccer bag that has zip pockets at either end. I use one end for dirty/muddy stuff like shoes and gloves, and the other end has a first aid kit, cold pack, meds, tools, and some spares. Then the main area holds all my gear.

I have nearly the same bag for MX gear with boots and stuff in it, then I also have my new soccer bag with all my indoor/outdoor gear. I'm a keeper, so I have a ton of gear for that too.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
this sounds weird but I use one of those plastic baskets you get at stores when you need something smaller than a cart (had it forever swiped it in college) Basically it holds my shoes, shorts, jersey,gloves and my helmet (in its pod). It works and carries well.

mine is just like this but blue with a Visa logo on it...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
MunkeeHucker said:
this sounds weird but I use one of those plastic baskets you get at stores when you need something smaller than a cart (had it forever swiped it in college) Basically it holds my shoes, shorts, jersey,gloves and my helmet (in its pod). It works and carries well.

mine is just like this but blue with a Visa logo on it...

Not weird at all. I use a red tray I stole tray from In N Out Burger.

:think:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
Wumpus has a giant bag that we have to carry in a Kenworth when we go ride.

It's an old reebok bag I got for cheap. Made out of some waterproof material with too big side pockets for shoes and helmet.

Look at tennis bags. I think most 'bike' bags are overpriced.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
stinkyboy said:
Not weird at all. I use a red I stole tray from In N Out Burger.

:think:
Man what i would give for a double/double with cheese!

I wish those F@cker$ would open stores elsewhere in the country, If they where here they could stomp Sonics Azz...

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
It's an old reebok bag I got for cheap. Made out of some waterproof material with too big side pockets for shoes and helmet.

Look at tennis bags. I think most 'bike' bags are overpriced.
Wumpus' bag is like this, but it's some sort of fabric, has handles and doesn't have wheels.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MancilG said:
Someone was telling me about one that had a different pocket for your shoes and clean/dirty cloths. I just can't seem to find one out there
Just about any MX gear bag out there keeps boots seperate from gear if not more areas. And often there are mesh vented compartments so "soiled" gear can breath.

:D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MancilG said:
What do you guys use for Hauling your gear around? I am looking for something that I can put my shoes / helmet and everything else in.

Just wondering what other people are using. Links / pictures would be great.

M

Check out this dude's set up! :eek:

J

JRB

Only in TX would someone do some stupid crap like putting a hitch that low. :nonono: