Quantcast

Have fun getting out of NY this weekend.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
:eek:

NEW YORK — A stone retaining wall along the Henry Hudson Parkway (search) in upper Manhattan collapsed on Thursday afternoon, burying parked cars under a massive mound of dirt, trees and debris.

There were no reports of injuries, and police said they did not believe anyone was buried in the rubble.

Fire department personnel were called to the area near Riverside Drive and 181st Street at 4 p.m. Swarms of firefighters removed debris and tree branches from the parkway's northbound lanes. Neighborhood residents gathered along other parts of the wall to see what happened.

Full story here:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,156386,00.html

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I just called my dad up (who lives in the Bronx) and told him my car is stuck on the Henry Hudson Pkwy, and could he come down. I told him to bring a shovel, and he said, "yeah, a big one".

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Lexx D said:
Yeah, cause they don't ever have mudslides out west :think:
Getting out of Manhattan is difficult enough on a normal day. A friend of mine had to walk 10 miles home over the 59th Street Bridge twice, during the big blackout and 9/11. And don't forget about the SI Ferry disaster.

Today, NY'ers have a certain ominousness when it comes to incidents like this, because some bad sh*t has happened...

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
sanjuro said:
Getting out of Manhattan is difficult enough on a normal day. A friend of mine had to walk 10 miles home over the 59th Street Bridge twice, during the big blackout and 9/11. And don't forget about the SI Ferry disaster.

Today, NY'ers have a certain ominousness when it comes to incidents like this, because some bad sh*t has happened...

If all else fails, you can always swim...

sanjuro said:

Ominousness? Nah. Uneasiness maybe.