Quantcast

Have I been forgiven???????

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
(Disclaimer-- this is in no way meant to come across all religious and such. It's to share what happened and wonder.)

Several weeks ago, I went out to visit Alaina. For some reason, I was compelled to kneel down at her feet and ask "Him" for direction. It wasn't a flat-out request for forgiveness, as I did say I've been mad since He took Alaina back. I did say I was tired of wasting energy fighting with Him, and to please give me guidance as to what He wants from me. I also promised that I would stop being negative towards Him and giving "the bird".

The next day, I'm checking my emails, and what's this? I'm told I won a patio set from RC Willey, about $800 value. It's been delivered, and it is sure pretty. It's in our garage, as we're still trying to arrange the patio for it. Gawd, it's nice........

Then, about a week later, I'm checking emails, again, and what's this one? I was selected by VeloNews to take my wife to the Prosecco Cycling Challenge, in Italy???? I turn and ask my honey what it says, she's as shocked as I am, and it looks like, no wait, we are, going to Italy September/October for our 14th wedding anniversary!!!!!! At first we wanted to see how it panned out. Heard back from VeloNews, then the American organizer, then the airline agent for the flight, and finally the Italian organizer asking what size bikes and clothing we'll need. Get the OK from the boss that we'll have the time off, and WOW!!, I've already planned to propose to her again in Italian when we're there. Granted, wifey doesn't ride like I do (and that's not saying much, haha), however, to be in Italy with her is going to be ssooooooo worth the effort of making this happen.

Was I forgiven?.................

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not a religious person, but it sounds like the FSM is finally giving you a pat on he back for being so dedicated to help those since Alaina died.

Forgiven? I don't know... acknowledged? Possibly.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Eh, who of us really knows? Point is, you have a kicking patio set to sit around drinking beer looking at pictures of your killer bike trip to Italy.

You win. Enjoy it.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Funny how religion works.
I dont mean to get personal or offensive here. But u had something really bad happen to you. One of the worst things I can imagine happening to anyone.
And then "God" buys u off with a garden chair and a trip to Italy and halleluja?

Im fukking flabbergasted...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I dont mean to get personal or offensive here. But u had something really bad happen to you. One of the worst things I can imagine happening to anyone.
And then "God" buys u off with a garden chair and a trip to Italy and halleluja?

Watch out for neg rep people are testy today :rofl:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Yeah he neg repped me once when i said I dont care about the planet or the environment.
After that I plus repped him on his hot gf so I think were cool now...

That said, im not trying to pick a fight with the OP here, I really am amazed by this whole thing.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

PROOF!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah he neg repped me once when i said I dont care about the planet or the environment.
After that I plus repped him on his hot gf so I think were cool now...

That said, im not trying to pick a fight with the OP here, I really am amazed by this whole thing.
i got -rep'd by loco-gringo too. what an asshat :rofl:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Thanks for the comments, gang. Like I mentioned, I didn't want this to sound religious or such. I just found it vveeerrryyy interesting that one day I'm kneeling in front of Alaina, and within a week, I win 2 very cool prizes. I could also use the Murphy's Law reasoning, as I must have entered 5000-6000+ online contests (how much time did that waste from my riding?), and the law of averages has to lean to my favor at some point in time.

Either way, know that I'll have some really special pics to share when we get back. 14 years with the woman I love and puts up with my crap, as well as me putting up with hers, must be a special person. Gawd, I love her, even when she drives me crazy..............

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
and move FORWARD. :thumb:
Ah, yes, that pesky "move forward" thingie. Well, it's taken a long time, and many baby steps, however, I feel I have been. Remember when I asked a few years ago about moving from beginner to sport class? Really, some of the best advice from you all, and have enjoyed moving up since. The longer rides/races, the better competition, the butt kicking I receive. All worth it.

Italy is looking better and better................