Quantcast

Have some Faith you mother hucker! (bike build)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Apologize for the crap pictures, unfortunately its the best i could do given these circumstances.

So for whoever saw it coming, no more yeti, unfortunately (and im pretty bummed) it didnt work out, and nothing could get that bike ride-able to ME. Picked up a faith from me fried super cheap, so i could throw all the parts onto it.

faith 1 2005?
09 40 RC2
I9 wheels in 3D to 823s tubeless high roller 2.5s
Saint drivetrain
LG1
magure gustavs (highly recommend these)
DHX 4
Sunline bars/stem
ODI grips
Thompson post with Marzocchi seat (its RC3 incase you were wondering)
BRAND NEW CHAIN!!!
5050XX pedals
king headset

Links are flipped and it weighs a respectable 42.2 pounds on the **** scale, not terrible for an older bike, id say it can go to 40, but mine wont hit that low.

bikesair

Chimp
Jun 30, 2009
San Luis Obispo CA
An evil twin has arose. Your going to love it. The head angle isn't super steep but what you lose in the plow you gain in the turns. Very quick and precise in the front end.

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Drop crowns worth it? Max the fork? I mainly got it because its a solid bike, good big company and price tag. I would love to rake out the fork but i flipped the links and can only gain a little bit more from the fork. Ideas?

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
nothin happened to it, just gave me nutty hand pump, and yes
Do you not think the 40 has something to do with the arm pump? A common complaint of that fork hear.

The Faith is a great bike though. Mines done over a 1000 runs at Whistler on the original pivot bearings:eek:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Tried 3 40s on it, and they all work fine on my other stuff. I run all the same parts on all my bikes, so its usually pretty easy to find the "problem" my guess is that the geo was just not meant for me, people rode/ride them all the time without problems, just didnt work out for me. I have faith in the faith, have heard great things about it.

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
the faith i had (one in my sig) is still the most comfortable frame ive owned. shame i got bit by the upgrade bug. still have thoughts about grabbing one of those and throwing my parts on it.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I'd grab the Yeti from you if I could scare up the cash...

A couple local rippers used to ride Faith's, they loved them and went HUGE on those bikes, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
great bike..........put on a azonic axle.....for $50 you'll save some serious weight.
I use mine for trail/freeride now and have the weight down to mid 34 pound, with a 36 float Rc2. I always take it to the DH races, because I know with some part swapping it can be used us a back up DH bike.

aanon

Chimp
Nov 21, 2008
south oz
Yeah the mighty Faith. I had one for nearly 4 yrs, Raced it ,shuttled it,chair lifted it, pushed it(lots)rode the crap out of it and never had a problem.Should have kept it, would choose one over the early Glory.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Actually i forgot to update this, built it up, and the minute it took it outside, noticed 3 cracks in the headtube. Gave it to the original owner who will warranty it or refund my money for the frame.