Quantcast

Have we reached the point of no return?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Constant rain over the weekend forced me to sit right before my TV and watch dokus about climatic change.

It's obvious that there's something changing. Europe gets hit by heavy storms almost every year now and the temperatures in winter are far from "freezing".
I also checked our last year's weather: Since September we 've got at least 3 rainy days per week, which is absolutely abnormal for the north of Italy. And before, we had the hottest summer ever. Everything is getting extreme weatherwise.
And then I found this article:

http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2008/mar/01/scienceofclimatechange.climatechange

Have we really reached the point of no return?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If the solution is for the world to work together lowering CO2 and at the same time make longer term decision I highly doubt its going to happen.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nobody knows what the tipping point is.

I'm just making it a point to travel now and see the things that aren't going to be around in 25 years.

I had someone at a New Years Eve party this year inform me that water vapor was way more scary to have in the atmosphere than carbon dioxide, and the earth makes water vapor naturally, so everything must be fine. Sigh.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The illusion of control we have and our short term memory of the fraction of time we've been documenting stuff.

Glad I'm never having kids.

Going back to using my face scrub and body wash filled with plastic spheres smaller than 5mm.