Quantcast

Have you ever asked "am I gay?"

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I was at the bike shop and saw a new GT peace 9r... Pretty soon I was seeing it in my dreams. I could even see myself owning and riding it. Then I bought it. Have I become geh? Or is it a caused by a combination of elevated liver enzymes and the dozen or so medications I'm on combined with starting a new fitness program ? Or do 29'ers actually make sense?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I test rode a Spec. Rockhopper 29r last week.
my first 29r experience was a parking lot test that left me with two impressions.
1. slow to acclerate
2. bad/funky steering.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
my first 29r experience was a parking lot test that left me with two impressions.
1. slow to acclerate
2. bad/funky steering.
It has bigger, heavier, weaker wheels what did you expect? Some of that might also be geometry. I have no interest in them after parking lot and test riding friend's niner HT on the trail.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I'm mostly going to use it when I have to go somewhere and need to lock up a bike. Locking up a motolite with CK hubs/headset an carbon around here is just about useless. No one in their right mind would steal a low end 29er. I am going to give it a fair shake on the trail to see if it is worth upgrading or considering in the future.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I'm mostly going to use it when I have to go somewhere and need to lock up a bike. Locking up a motolite with CK hubs/headset an carbon around here is just about useless. No one in their right mind would steal a low end 29er. I am going to give it a fair shake on the trail to see if it is worth upgrading or considering in the future.
I bought a Karate Monkey 5 years ago, haven't looked back since.

Of course, I've also been questioning my sexuality for those 5 years, at least.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
1. slow to acclerate
2. bad/funky steering.
Yeeeah.. a parking lot ride is the best way to test out a mountain bike.

:rolleyes:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I totally ogled the hell out of a gary fisher 29'er the other day, then I saw it was a 29'er and I thought "oh, ewwwwww". Still it was hot and I want it. I was making mods to it in my head. I've already named it.

Oh, pictures?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I totally ogled the hell out of a gary fisher 29'er the other day, then I saw it was a 29'er and I thought "oh, ewwwwww". Still it was hot and I want it. I was making mods to it in my head. I've already named it.

Oh, pictures?
it's amusing that a lot of people dont know a 29r is a 29r unless it is parked next to a little wheeled bike.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911

That why I said "parking lot test" not "epic all day ride test"
I'd ask if you are really that dense but we all know the answer:disgust1:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA

while I got it with rolling around the streets of phoenix in mind, I DO plan to take it on some multi hour rides on dirt. Pemberton seems like a good test. If I like it I'll upgrade.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
while I got it with rolling around the streets of phoenix in mind, I DO plan to take it on some multi hour rides on dirt. Pemberton seems like a good test. If I like it I'll upgrade.
From all I hear about 29'ers you should take it out on Goat Camp. A 29" wheel should make it like a paved road. :p

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It's funny... everyone is moving to larger wheels and I'm going smaller.

My road bike has 26" wheels and I couldn't be happier.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
I have never asked whether you are gay.

Perhaps if I had to spend some time with you, the question might come to mind, but as it stands I have no opinion on the subject.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I commuted on a rigid SS Karate Monkey for a bit and liked it except the gearing was too slow, got bored and sold it.

Erik at the Pig is very wise in the ways of 29.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Are you saying that your bikes mean no more to you than your ex-wives?

You need to get in touch with the universe and realize what's important.
Or my 30 something cars I've had?

I'm densensitized by anything that lasts, because nothing does.

People and things come and go, and trying to hold on to anything in life is futile, especially a woman.

It's great to brush up against some greatness sometimes in between trips to the store, work, idiot Americans and the lot, but not at least being semi nomadic IMO is a waste of life.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
uhm - it should be spelled out.
*sigh*

Equal Opportunity Ball Fondler.

Equal Opportunity Ball Fondler. Equal Opportunity Ball Fondler. Equal Opportunity Ball Fondler. Equal Opportunity Ball Fondler. Equal Opportunity Ball Fondler. Equal Opportunity Ball Fondler. Equal Opportunity Ball Fondler. Equal Opportunity Ball Fondler. Equal Opportunity Ball Fondler.

Can I go now?