Quantcast

Have you ever..........

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Ciaran said:
The only thing I have stood in line for are concert tickets.
:stupid:

and red sox playoff tickets. both experiences sucked major a$$. i stood in line for U2 tickets for the _unforgettable fire_ tour in '84, but asshats who didn't camp out jammed the front of the line as the tickets went on sale, and got their tickets before us schmucks in the back. ended up having to get tickets to worcester, because providence sold out.

the red sox ticket wait was in '89 i think, and by the time we got up to get tickets it was total hit or miss as to which kiosk you got to, depending on what they had (this was before computerized sales were in effect). got tickets to a game which never happened, as they got swept before my game happened. bastards.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
It's funny that an small plastic box can control people's minds to make them stand out in the rain for hours.

a local radio station was talking to a guy that has been in line tp oder the xbox since Friday night

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
The lines around here are for the Xbox 360 (went on sale at midnight I believe). They had all sorts of news coverage on it last night and this AM (it sucks to not be able to sleep).

No, I will gladly pay the extra or wait until demand goes down. It's definitely not worth my time and effort.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I have a story from last year ...

We got the first real snowstorm of the Winter. Predictions were for 12" and in a city like Chicago that all but guarantees a shut down. My girlfriend's place in right in the Loop (downtown, heart of city) and after dinner we decide "what the hell, it's a blizzard, let's go for a long walk".

Practically zero traffic on the streets, the few cars are are out are stuck or sliding out of control everywhere (freakin' city drivers :rolleyes: ) and it's fun to watch.

We get over to the big Niketown store on Michigan avenue to find a line of 100 people waiting on the sidewalk outside the front door. I ask one of them what they're doing out there is such awful weather and somebody replies "the new Melos are coming out!" This means nothing to me so I ask again "huh?". I'm told that the a new line of Nike basketball shoe, a Carmelo Anthony signature model, is being released at midnight and they were having a special event. "word is 'Melo is coming, they say MJ too!!!"

I asked the guy "are you serious? You're waiting outside in this storm to buy a pair of shoes??" He answers "naww, just to check 'em out." (presumably the players, not the shoes). Fans are crazy.

On that note, I used to wait overnight to get concert tickets all the time.