Quantcast

Having Kids?

Should me and my wife have kids now or should we wait?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This has nothing to do with riding, so if you don't want to read this, Stop Now!

My question is; Does anybody else have the desire to have children in the near future but is not financially stable/comfortable to do so?

I want to have kids. I think about it alot. My wife and I haven't really talked about it in depth, and I haven't spoken with any of my friends about it. I just want some non bias opinions. I know nobody knows my finances better than me but, any response would help.

Oh, and I would like responses from people who have kids, as well as, people who don't.

If you respond, I just would like to thank you in advance.

mountainbikernut

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<PURA VIDA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<RIDE HARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Yes, pump out all of the kids you want. I don't know your age but if you're young, do it. We had ours while I was in my late 20's and now that 2 of them are in their teens they are definitely keeping my wife and I feeling younger than we are.
Crap, gotta run to work, more on the subject later.

DO IT.

Hey Peete,

Thanks bro! Yeah man I am going to be 27 in a week and a half and my wife is 28. She wants to have atleast one by the time she is 30, and I am at that point of, why wait! Just like you said they keep you feeling young. And I love kids, I practicley raised one of my brothers kids, she is 12 now. I am definately ready man.

Thanks for the input!

mountainbiker

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<PURA VIDA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<RIDE HARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
being a parent is truly one of the greatest things ever!!! The fact that you're considering it speaks of your desire...I'm one of those who started very early - no regrets! Money isn't the issue - it's simply the desire and commitment to do such...we're always strapped for cash - so what, my finances have nothing to do with how involved I am in my kids lives - the money argument is weak at best!...

danW

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
If want em' and will take it serious, do it. I used to keep saying "I want to wait until we're ready" and then it dawned on me, you're never ready. Now my only regret is not doing it sooner.

I can't really put into words how much my kids mean to me and how it will change your life. Good luck!

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I would never have gone to Sea Otter or Snowshoe if my son didn't race. Would not have seen Holland if the daughter wasn't so good at BMX.
My youngest got us to enjoy baseball. And because of our children we've made alot of friends all over the country.
Our lives are never boring. And before you know it, they will grow up and leave. That thought is starting to weigh on my mind.

Raaar

Monkey
Sep 13, 2004
Our little girl is 14 months now and everyday when I get home she scurries to meet me wearing a big grin and doing her new, drunken sailor walk. It absolutely makes my day every day. The commercial "Having a baby changes everything" is so true, but man what a great change.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
THe finance argument is NO argument. No one will ever be financially stable or "ready to handle it". they were my arguments too but it dawned on me one day how stupid that was. Our finances have nothing to do with a kid...they reflect our spending habits is all. Do it now. You'll get moments like this....

...sooner.