Quantcast

having problems with body armor..!

end0boy

Chimp
Sep 11, 2005
philippine archipelago
hey guys,im planning to get a new armor. i was supposed to get the 2005 rockgardn flak jacket until i found out that their small was too huge for me.. im 5"6.5 and skinny ..the jr. flakjacket would fit my chest perfectly but it might be too short since its for 5"-5"2 feet people.. im considering the 05 pressure suit or the sp-1. i heard a lot of negative stuff about it but still a lot of people use it (i wonder why??) .. do i have any other options? dainese is too expensive ..

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i just got one, but i havent had any ride time on it so i cant tell you. talk to bizutch or jeremy r they both own them and seem to love them.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
end0boy said:
hey guys,im planning to get a new armor. i was supposed to get the 2005 rockgardn flak jacket until i found out that their small was too huge for me.. im 5"6.5 and skinny ..the jr. flakjacket would fit my chest perfectly but it might be too short since its for 5"-5"2 feet people.. im considering the 05 pressure suit or the sp-1. i heard a lot of negative stuff about it but still a lot of people use it (i wonder why??) .. do i have any other options? dainese is too expensive ..
People use it because it's inexpensive and readliy available. It fits a lot of people, just not smaller people so well.

661 is coming out with a new model for 2006, very akin to the Dainese, and in XS,S,M,L and XL. I saw one at the dirt demo. Looked pretty good - smaller shoulder pads (for less chance of rolling around) and really nice mesh holding the plastic molding in place.

When I tried on the 661 armour last year, it was too big for me (shoulder pads rolled instead of staying in place). This new jacket from 661 looks like it would work for me. I'm 5'5", 135#, somewhat broad-shouldered for a small female.
Another option for you would be Fox.

Hope this helps :)
-sunny

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I am 5'3, 125 lbs. and wear an '05 small-medium (that is one size) and it fits me perfectly other than the shoulder cups could be a little closer, but not much.

Maybe this will help.

end0boy

Chimp
Sep 11, 2005
philippine archipelago
mtnbrider said:
I am 5'3, 125 lbs. and wear an '05 small-medium (that is one size) and it fits me perfectly other than the shoulder cups could be a little closer, but not much.

Maybe this will help.
what do you have? pressure suit or flak jacket?? thanks for the help guys. it sucks to buy this stuff online ..

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
If the Rockgardn doesn't fit right, check out some suits from other companies: 661, Fox or Troy Lee Designs. One thing I will tell you, wearing armor that doesn't fit right makes riding pretty uncomfortable.

Gunther

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
Have you tried one on? I just got the flak XXXL and can barely zip it up.
I put it on and the zippers are about 10inches apart, I say they run way small.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
i have an 04 flat jacket and it works great i have everything they make and they all work the best for you money but if you really really don't want the flak jacket i thinbg race face is coming out with something cheap and fox has one out allready