Quantcast

Having the pre-ride buzz killed.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Ever have one of those moments where you're completely stoked on going out and riding and it gets killed by something?

In this morning's case, my pump decided to die before my road ride. After an hour of attempting to fix it, I've decided it's foregone and that I need to go buy another. However, that requires me to deposit some money in the bank. And wait until 11 for the shop to open, thereby pissing the day away.

Maybe I'll just go run. :nopity:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
The situation is NEVER that desperate. :disgust1:
this is nonsense talking... your use of the term NEVER, irks me! Sure there are situations that are THAT desperate...

for example...
fridge door squeeks open..."damn I am out of beer" in this case RUN do not walk to the nearest place of sale...

example 2
phone rings... Bllllllllllling bllllllllllllling...
you "Hello"...
her "WHawawawa waa wa wa waaa!"....
You "what? You are nekkid and in the mood?" Click.

in this case RUN do not walk (you never know when the mood will change!)

having said that broken floor pumps etc. do not necessitate the need to stoop to running!

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
this is nonsense talking... your use of the term NEVER, irks me! Sure there are situations that are THAT desperate...

for example...
fridge door squeeks open..."damn I am out of beer" in this case RUN do not walk to the nearest place of sale...

example 2
you "Hello"...

having said that broken floor pumps etc. do not necessitate the need to stoop to running!
:stupid:

Perhaps the unemployed hippie should re-evaluate his priorities.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I went out and ran and remembered how much I utterly detest it. It's just so boring after riding long distances on a road bike...So I gave up after half an hour and 4 miles.

:D

It does however look like my mtb is getting fixed today. SIICK!

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

for example...

example 2
you "Hello"...

If you rode your bike you'd get to BOTH places a lot quicker you dumb Pennsytuckian. ;)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Dude, so still no brake for the Mt. bike?I have a crank brothers hand pump you can have if you want it.
I actually just picked up a pair of Hayes from a local guy for free with fork purchase...stoked! If I can find a stem by tomorrow we should go ride sometime this week.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Sick!What size stem do u need?I have a rocky mt. 25.4x 75 ,1 1/8 you can have.I just sold a bunch of parts on Ebay and its some of what i have left.
Something short and oversized. Do any of the LBS's have random part bins where they unload crap for cheap?

It sucks, 'cause I had something like 4 Gravity and FSA stems kicking around before I moved that I gave away...

Last edited:

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Try ABS they usaully have a box of old or take off stems, if not just ask one of the dudes that works there if they have anything at thier place.The only thing i have oversize is a direct mount for a marzocchi.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Try ABS they usaully have a box of old or take off stems, if not just ask one of the dudes that works there if they have anything at thier place.The only thing i have oversize is a direct mount for a marzocchi.
Already got one of those...Want a 888? :brows: