Quantcast

having trouble with 3's

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
so for some reason I keep dropping my front wheel soooo low when I do a 3 now. When I first learned them on a mtb the bike would always be like perfectly level in the air, untill i went to land and adjusted my pitch for the landing. Then I spent a while on a bmx, and now when i try a 3 again on a mountain bike, my front end just drops. I'm still making it around and all, but i'm getting scared that my front wheel is going to case the landing. So far no cases, but I feel my luck will run out soon, its coming really really close. So any pointers?

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I wouldn't worry about it if it's not screwing you up. You could be on your way to doing one of the raddest things possible on a bike... the nose dive 3. "Hucker" Mike Clark has the most insane one's that I've seen. Check it...

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Really?! My front wheel isn't near as low as that second picture, but its pretty low. Its more like a 45 degree angle. Well I guess I'll just try to spin a little faster then so that I'll be more ready for that landing when I get to it. Thanks man!