Quantcast

Having your first car stolen..

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Sure is hard to get over. I got her back the same morning, but stuff ain't the same. Especially when you lose over a grand of stuff. I don't sleep anymore.. in addition to all of my gear, tools, stereo, etc. being taken, they took my garage door opener and spare key. I am quite worried about the well-being of my bike :dead::(

I believe mine was an inside job, but I have no idea who it was. I still want to find out, but where do I even start?!? Thieves suck. :angry:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Theives suck major donkey dick and I hope they choke on it!!! :angry:

I had a Prelude that was stolen in Nov. of 98. It was stolen from my apartment. My girlfriend comes in and asks where I parked my car. I go outside and it was gone. I had a some tools in the car, ton of CD's, aftermarket headunit, and bunch of aftermarket parts (header, exhaust, intake, nitrous system, etc). The car was gone for 9 days when the police recovered it minus all the stuff I put in/on the car. The car goes to the Honda dealer to be fixed. At the dealer a tree branch fell on the car and dented the roof and cracks the windshield!! The dealer cut me a check so I can get it repaired. I work out a deal where I insurance pays to put all of the aftermarket parts back on the car except the nitrous kit. I finally get the car back at the beginning of Feb 99 and install a high end alarm in the car.

Two weeks later a I have a friend lined up who is going to paint the whole car for what the dealer gave me from the damage. I already have almost $600 in paint supplies and have taken the weekend off from work to help my friend paint the car. I come out from work on I think it was a Wed. night and my car is not where I left it!!! ****!!!!

I start making frantic calls to my girlfriend and friends wondering if they are playing a sick joke on me. After I get picked up I go out with a friend checking out the areas near where the car was found last time. No luck. The police recover the car 36 hours later in Miami. The car was a shell this time!!

I never felt anger like I did the night the car was stolen the second time. I can honestly say that if I found the theive that night I was so angry he/she would not be alive right now and I would probably be in jail. :devil: I also believe someone I work with was inlvolved as I worked in a tire shop at the time and my car was parked about 50ft from where I worked. I never heard the alarm and the co-worker claims he heard nothing either and he had access to my keys and car alarm remote. :think:

And to top it all off my insurance company had me investigated and the investigator bascially accused me of being involved with the car being stolen! :mumble: :angry:

I can honestly say the whole ordeal has seriously changed me as a person. I am very untrusting of any individual that I don't know very well. I am no longer the extremely optimistic person I used to be. I hope the theives who stole my car and the every other theive can rot in Hell!!! :devil: :evil:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Salami said:
Theives suck major donkey dick and I hope they choke on it!!! :angry:
I finally get the car back at the beginning of Feb 99 and install a high end alarm in the car.

The police recover the car 36 hours later in Miami. The car was a shell this time!!

I never felt anger like I did the night the car was stolen the second time. I can honestly say that if I found the theive that night I was so angry he/she would not be alive right now and I would probably be in jail. :devil: I also believe someone I work with was inlvolved as I worked in a tire shop at the time and my car was parked about 50ft from where I worked. I never heard the alarm and the co-worker claims he heard nothing either and he had access to my keys and car alarm remote. :think:

And to top it all off my insurance company had me investigated and the investigator bascially accused me of being involved with the car being stolen! :mumble: :angry:

I can honestly say the whole ordeal has seriously changed me as a person. I am very untrusting of any individual that I don't know very well. I am no longer the extremely optimistic person I used to be. I hope the theives who stole my car and the every other theive can rot in Hell!!! :devil: :evil:
First off sorry to hear about you experience. Alarms don't do jack other then lower your insurance and give you piece of mind. A Alarm will not stop a theif. If they want your ****.....it is theirs. Your co-worker could be telling the truth. A common saying in car theft circles is don't ever **** where you eat. So unless the folks who stole your car are stupid then they probably had nothing to do with you other then ramdomly noticing your car. The other simple fact is if you have a decent ride then somebody somewhere will either want it or parts off it. Have you ever heard of someone with a sleeper getting ripped of?? Nope it is usually a nice ride with nice parts. Sorry again.....jdcamb

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
jdcamb said:
Alarms don't do jack other then lower your insurance and give you piece of mind. A Alarm will not stop a theif. If they want your ****.....it is theirs.
I am well aware of that. But they still have to get around it. It is a deterrent, not a guarentee.

Your co-worker could be telling the truth. A common saying in car theft circles is don't ever **** where you eat.
He could have. But it would have been one of the few times. I had him lye to my face on more than one occassion after I personally saw him do or say something. The thing is I really did not trust him before my car was stolen and at the time we were having problems with tires dissappearing. The problem seemed to stop after he left. :think: He had access to the keys and the alarm could be disarmed silently with the remote. No one of my co-workers saw or heard anything. It he guilty? Maybe not, but it sure is suspicous to me.

The other simple fact is if you have a decent ride then somebody somewhere will either want it or parts off it. Have you ever heard of someone with a sleeper getting ripped of?? Nope it is usually a nice ride with nice parts. Sorry again.....jdcamb
I agree. The car was lowered and you could see the exhaust obviously, but the car had nothing else flashy to it. Stock wheels and paint, and no stickers
or other stuff to attract unwanted attention.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
damn darren, that sucks!
a friend of mine recently got her bank account # stolen and lost $1500. theives suck indeed. i hope there's a special section of Hell reserved for them.

i have a CD player for my Cherokee that came with it when i bought it, but i've never installed it if you want it. just send me some $ for shipping. it should fit, given that they're both late 90's Heep's.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
SkaredShtles said:
Sounds like there's something to be said for owning a $hitty car....... :thumb:

-S.S.-
Depends on where you live... I had an old Mazda POS stolen from Northeastern Univerity in Boston. Theif just smashed the window, got in and slammed a screw driver into the ignition - one twist and he was gone (actually probably two with the way that car ran). They caught the guy 4 hours later - just some punk kid out for a joy ride...

The kicker is that I was parked in front of the NUPD building when it was stolen... man did I give those guys a lot of greif.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
SkaredShtles said:
Sounds like there's something to be said for owning a $hitty car....... :thumb:

-S.S.-

not really. my first car was stolen. it was a 76 monte carlo. got about 10 miles to the gallon. the driver side door didn't open, there was no radio and no ac. no seatbelts either. it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Salami said:
I agree. The car was lowered and you could see the exhaust obviously, but the car had nothing else flashy to it. Stock wheels and paint, and no stickers or other stuff to attract unwanted attention.
Nahhh none of this stuff would ever catch a thiefs attention....:rolleyes:

Salami said:
Prelude..... I had a some tools in the car, ton of CD's, aftermarket headunit, and bunch of aftermarket parts (header, exhaust, intake, nitrous system, etc)
Sometimes you don't have to scream to get someones attention.....

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
squarewheels said:
damn darren, that sucks!
a friend of mine recently got her bank account # stolen and lost $1500. theives suck indeed. i hope there's a special section of Hell reserved for them.

i have a CD player for my Cherokee that came with it when i bought it, but i've never installed it if you want it. just send me some $ for shipping. it should fit, given that they're both late 90's Heep's.
I appreciate the offer, but luckily they didn't take my deck.. I still have that with me. Punks stole my case and my remote for it though :mad:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
DLo said:
Sure is hard to get over. I got her back the same morning, but stuff ain't the same. Especially when you lose over a grand of stuff. I don't sleep anymore.. in addition to all of my gear, tools, stereo, etc. being taken, they took my garage door opener and spare key. I am quite worried about the well-being of my bike :dead::(

I believe mine was an inside job, but I have no idea who it was. I still want to find out, but where do I even start?!? Thieves suck. :angry:
Change locks and get the signal changed to the garage door or get a new garage door opener.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Definitely not just modified cars that get stolen frequently. In recent years, Camry's and Accord's were the most stolen with Ford Taurus's just behind. Recently the Escalade has taken the title. But the total percentage of cars on the road that are modified heavily or at all is so small to begin with that thieves have to take what they can get. In other words they are opportunists...

Most Stolen cars
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/car_theft/