Quantcast

Hawaii or bust...(NBR)

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
So I'm off with the hubby to Hawaii tomorrow morning early. I am there working for three weeks up at the Mauna Kea Observatory on the Big Island, but I've managed to get an extra week of play for me and the hubby (and help celebrate our 1st anniversary). ---Thank goodness for frequent flyer miles!!

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
LOL, I'll be in Hawaii for the week of Thanksgiving, too bad it'll be on Oahu. Hubby and me also went there 2 years ago for our 1st anniversary. Find some locals and do some riding!

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
so after a fleeting snow/sleet storm in tropical hawaii, I am freezing my butt off and fear that I have 14 days left up here. The view is great, but it's pretty cold and isolating. The earthquake that hit the Big Island 2 weeks ago caused the telescope we are using to be out of comission (sort of indefinitely), but being the good astronomers that we are, we are trying to be optimistic.

(we are in the shiny silver one on the upper right called Gemini. It's one of the bigger telescopes, 8.1 meters in diameter)

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
I work on top of Haleakala for the Air Force. What a small world. If you and youre husband are still here you should come over to Maui we have some great DH courses here, if youre in to that. A buddy of mine rents out Kona Stinkys at Crater Cycles.

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
that's awesome! I don't think I'll have a chance this time around, but I'm back out here in April. I was wondering what the DH scene is like around here. I haven't found much talk of trails.

I can wave at you from the top of Mauna Kea :)