Quantcast

Hayes Stroker Ace - Post mount rear 203 adapter?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Apparently it is different than any plain old rear 8" adapter for post mount. I had Stroker Trails on and mounted up the front just fine to a Boxxer adapter. Tried to mount it to the rear and the adapter bumps into the dual caliper. Should I just saw out or dremel away the bridge portion of the rear adapter? Would that affect structural integrity?

Yet again, I do not mechanix good!!! :banghead:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Oh, pardon. Is a rear post-to-post the same as a fork post-to post? Here's how one bolts up to a 74-21 (98-15072). IIRC there's even a bit more room with the Avid adapter.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Oh, pardon. Is a rear post-to-post the same as a fork post-to post? Here's how one bolts up to a 74-21 (98-15072). IIRC there's even a bit more room with the Avid adapter.

That's it. The bar on the adapter I have just goes straight across where that lower caliper is. Was considering just sawing out that bridge. Didn't know if anyone knows how necessary it is structurally.

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
well if you intend to simply saw it off, you might be better off getting longer screws and use washers or something to space out the caliper.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
That's it. The bar on the adapter I have just goes straight across where that lower caliper is. Was considering just sawing out that bridge. Didn't know if anyone knows how necessary it is structurally.
I would say that if you can dremel out enough clearance and still leave at least 5mm of material, you could modify what you've got. The web between the posts on that 74-21 is probably only about 3-4mm thick. It would be better to spend the $15 on the new adapter but if you're like me and hate to spend money, dremel it.