Quantcast

HD DVD -vs- Blu-ray; Blu-ray is teh WINNA!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I would like to add my write in vote for Beta's hat to be thrown into the ring.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Though a lot of those extended warranties they sell you at the store are a scam. Most other products don't need it.

Various kitchen appliance are a headache too...
Yep, Loopie has a thread in the Comp section about an LCD TV he's got his eye on. I had a look and the extended warranty was $200 on an $1100 TV. I hope that comes with a reach-around.:shocked:
Here they seem to go the other way. I bought a point and shoot Fuji in Dec '06 for $150. The 5 year extended warranty was 1% of purchase price. $1.50. I had to ask him twice because I thought I was hearing things. Already been worth it, piece of crap it is.:disgust1:

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
Nice. I'm glad that the better format won out. Even though HD-DVD was not technically "obsolete" I just don't see how you can try to compete with something that is already better. One more good reason to have a PS3. You know its big when Microsoft is talking about BluRay as well....

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Luckily, I bought my HD DVD player at Walmart during a Black Friday sale for $89. The same player is on Craigslist for $100-120, so I better put this sucker on CL for a profit while I still can.

PS3 here I come