Quantcast

HD video from Hafjell Bikepark, Norway...

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
They are linked top to bottom in each video.

Moetown starts at the top, and can be linked with new/old-school which share the same entry, and parktrail as well. Those again can be linked with three different lower trails as well, from highspeed and techy to flowy/easier trails with small jumps and stuff.

Lots of options, from big wide open man made, to more "trails" with roots and rocks and softer dirt. Something for everyone...

We are waiting for a black BIG freeride-trail now, called rollercoaster. Big gaps and jumps, experts only. Nothing for me, but I am looking forward to seeing guys riding that.

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Trail access is by gondola carts with room for 2-3 riders and bikes, with a second chairlift that takes you to the top. There are trails connecting the two lifts as well.

Check out http://www.hafjellbikepark.com for more pics and a blog with updates of the new trails.

I have friends who ride there most of the year who have been to France, Germany and in the alps in general, and Whistler too... quality of the trails is on the same levels as the best, but Whistler is off course a lot bigger :-) Skills of the riders is picking up too, and to top it off one of the best set of dirtjumps around, created by Trond Hansen and friends....

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
The Hafjell bike park kicks a$$. The guys there build the best trails.
There´s lots of berm´ed flowy tracks, but there´s also the technical rooty singletracks in between. The "New School track" that opened a couple of weeks ago is awesome!

I´m heading up there now to ride for a few days :D