Quantcast

HDTV Question

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
I bought a Olevia 37" HDTV about 4 months ago. Out of the box everything was pretty much set correctly. Just in the past few days now when I watch HD channels the picture is too big for the screen. For instance when I watch CBS the little CBS symbol is cut in half on the bottom right of my screen. I can deal with that but the most annoying is when I watch ESPN HD or the NFL Network HD. I can no longer see the scrolling scoreboard at the bottom or the scoreboard for the current game at the top. I went into my set up and messed with all the options such as; horizontal position, vertical position, aspect ratio, cropping, full screen, 1:1, and everything else to no avail. I went through the manual that came with the tv and even went to the website and still can't figure it out. If nobody on here can help me figure it out I will just have to call tech support and see what they suggest. Like I said out of the box and up until about 3 days ago everything was fine, but now it is messed up. Any suggestion? thanks

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i have the same tv, but the 5 series version. also, you may want to upgrade the firmware. helped for me on another issue

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I have the same half cut-off ticker issue on my Samsung DLP but only with CBS HD...and I run an antenna and catch the over the air signal...it's annoying...and since it's cross platform, I'd logically think that CBS blows goats. :D

does it have different views? Depending on what channel I'm watching, I have to change the setting - it's also different on my sharp vs my samsung.

ie: the sharp has dot-by-dot, stretch, superstretch and a 4th I can't remember.

the samsung says: 16:9, wide or wide-fit

see if you can find settings like that and play with them.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Got it fixed, thanks. While I looked at the settings on my cable box I didn't look deep enough. Somehow it got changed to zoom 1.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Got it fixed, thanks. While I looked at the settings on my cable box I didn't look deep enough. Somehow it got changed to zoom 1.
awesome. good to hear. i love this tv.

which of the series do you own?

did you know the 5series is almost 40lbs lighter then the ones before it?
does you have the HDtv tuner built in it?

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
In a van down by the river
yeah typically a tv wont loose its settings unless there is a major issue with the tv. the cable or sat box would usually be the culprit as in your case. the cable boxes are usually used and can have issues.