Quantcast

He finally did it!!!!!!!! (New rider pics)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
My 4 year old son finally gave up the training wheels. I took him to the local DS track that also has a RC plane runway (100yds).....gave him a few pointers and sent him on his way.

first time down took him 3 tries, 2 tries on the way back and then the 3rd attempt he made it all the way. 4 try he made it and turned around and came back!

i can't explain how proud and stoked i am about his achievment.

here's a pic from today when i took him out in the parking lot....he decided he didn't want to stop riding and rode all the way to the playground...well, at least to the big hill leading up to the playground :D

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
In a couple weeks he'll be giving you pointers :D I can see the mini manimal manualing down the street:thumb:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
holy crappenschtein that is the cutest thing ever! i love the teeny tiny guy on the teeny tiny bike on the expansive glistening pavement. and LOOK!! he's smiling in the crash shot. that rules!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Awesome! Your son will be rippin in no time.

I need to work some more with my son Connor - he's just not into riding like his older Brother Liam is.

Any ideas to get him excited about it?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by MMcG
Awesome! Your son will be rippin in no time.

I need to work some more with my son Connor - he's just not into riding like his older Brother Liam is.

Any ideas to get him excited about it?
Tie him up in front of the TV and make him watch bike videos all day long. :D

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
very cool, I can still remeber my first ride without the trainers... all the glory, then blood. Was riding down my driveway, and hadn't mastered the brake yet... Hit a parked lawn mower. Glad I stuck with it.

J

JRB

Originally posted by dh girlie
Oh Stosh...you left yourself wide open here...I can't pass up this opportunity....

you can't have a kid if you don't have BALLS!
Let me take this one

BWAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Just out of curiosity, did he lose his helmet in the crash? He has it on in pic1 but not in pic2, which was subsequent, I believe. :confused:
ha!.....i was wondering who would pick up on that first. as you can tell by the first pic, the helmet is rather large. he outgrew his toddler helmet and his mom's helmet (shown) is too big. it kept falling in his eyes so i let him take it off since he seemed to be crashing well.......it there's such a thing;)

and yes....he'll be hucking the mini van soon:D i already told him that as soon as he can roll down the small part of the DS course by himself i'll buy him a mini. he saw a kid on one at a bmx race and he really wants one now so i think he's pretty motivated to practice.

as far as getting him to ride........my son has been watching bike vids since he was about 6 months old. he loves the skeleton dude in kranked 4 and says, "what are you REALLY looking for" along with him in the vid. he also likes to watch my friends and i ride so i guess you can say that he's been pretty submerged in the lifestyle.