2. Steve Smith (CAN) - 3:17.78
3. Nathan Rennie - 3:18.09
4. Rick Boyer - 3:19.78
5. Liam Panozzo - 3:19.96

8 secs over Rennie.....

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
keep your eyes on steve smith this season... that kid is about ready to explode all over the WC scene

his pace at the end of the season was right in the mix with the top 10 regulars. once he learns how to keep it on 2 wheels for a full run i think you will see some promising results

and no hating on sam from me... it is people like that who take DH to the next level and make our sport better. all the **** talking about him that goes on is juvenile... he is a ruler plain and simple, and is currently pushing everyone to step it up... how can you hate on that ?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
keep your eyes on steve smith this season... that kid is about ready to explode all over the WC scene

his pace at the end of the season was right in the mix with the top 10 regulars. once he learns how to keep it on 2 wheels for a full run i think you will see some promising results

and no hating on sam from me... it is people like that who take DH to the next level and make our sport better. all the **** talking about him that goes on is juvenile... he is a ruler plain and simple, and is currently pushing everyone to step it up... how can you hate on that ?
Well said.

:)

Let's not forget one Mr. Ulmer. That kid is ridiculous - keep an eye peeled for him as well. He's like 15 and rips like no other.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006

Couldn't of said it better. Finally us Canadian's will have somedody to cheer for. Go Steve! Them Americans willl Have JD to cheer on.......super young, fast and going fulltime into racing.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Couldn't of said it better. Finally us Canadian's will have somedody to cheer for. Go Steve! Them Americans willl Have JD to cheer on.......super young, fast and going fulltime into racing.
yup. it's been a bit of a dry spell for the gravity scene, as all the kids are riding dj's/street/park these days. good to see some up & coming dh talent. i'd like to think dh isn't a dying sport...

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Smith is a total ****ing lunatic... he crashed hard in his qualifier attempting to gap over this cheese grater bridge which anyone who was watching will tell you is bordering on attempting suicide, after pinning the final chute faster than anyone else I saw (Hill included). Well deserved 2nd place.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yeah Sam has become the Brian Lopes of Downhill - If people ain't hatin' on yah you're not dominating... guess that's why they say it's lonely at the top.
I just can't help respecting the work it takes to dominate any sport in todays competitive world.
Felt sorry for the Patriots! even though the Giants outplayed em' it's gotta hurt to dominate all season and lose the big one. Think they have developed alot of hatred toward them. But, everybody loves the underdog!

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Awesome, this season should be great. Hope everyone stays healthy. But it still seems so far away, well at least for the NA rounds.

DarrylB

Monkey
Jan 16, 2008
the secret loam!
Right on! Steve is such a good kid as well. Pretty mellow and down to earth. No attitude, he just wants to go out and ride his bike. I'm stoked for him.

Dam! that Cove is a fast bike!

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
steve is heading down to chile with me next month, should be fun to see how he holds his own on an urban course with big name competition.

check your calendar r-tard.... we leave for chile in 6 days, not next month :busted: gringo beach day, hahah

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
yea ulmar is sick, there is alotta talent out here in the north east.

people talk sh!t because they are jealous. end of story.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
The Sam Hill haters exist only because people tend to ridicule that which they can't understand - which is essentially everybody. Those that don't hate have come to terms with the fact they'll never be even half as fast as him.

Amen to the up-and-coming talent throughout North America. It really shocks me that there haven't been any dominant Canadian Dh'ers out there. It's not like they don't have the perfect training grounds up there or anything.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
How 'bout Liam Panozzo in at 5th? If that dude got some support and was able to travel and race consistently, I'd love to see how fast he could get.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
The whole season looks to be in danger of being anti-climatic with that result......:monkey:

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
steve is heading down to chile with me next month, should be fun to see how he holds his own on an urban course with big name competition.
Is Cove going to send him to all of the world cups this year? He's never going to make the step to a top 10 or 20 rider if he only races half the rounds.

Looking forward to cheering him on at brome.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
All I know is that I feel like I have a better chance at the local PRO class than trying to race the Rotec one in Jr.X in the next couple of seasons. He is crazy fast, awesome guy too.
You heard it from me: Ulmer has the potential to be the next "Sam Hill". Big, big plans in 2008.....

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
One rider I'd like to see well this year and winning WC's is Minnaar, now that he is back to a "normal" brand.
He killed on that Honda.

I'd like to see him fix and rehab that shoulder to 100%. Of course that likely won't happen.