Quantcast

He looks more like a Thug than a Yankee

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
8,154
0
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
robdamanii said:
They are.

Bad ones at that. They can't even steal a world series no matter how much they try.

Baseball needs a goddamned salary cap.
No kidding....the luxury tax just isn't doing sh*t....I think the Yanks blew the "limit" by about 25 million or so....they had to pay 12 million in tax I think....I couldn't find the article I read at the beginning of the season with the hard numbers....sigh....
 

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
3,075
0
Broomfield, CO
Secret Squirrel said:
No kidding....the luxury tax just isn't doing sh*t....I think the Yanks blew the "limit" by about 25 million or so....they had to pay 12 million in tax I think....I couldn't find the article I read at the beginning of the season with the hard numbers....sigh....
I just read an article the other day concerning that. I believe the number was slightly more than 12 million. In fact, the Yankees had to pay out 34 million dollars. The Red Sox were the second highest team with a luxury tax of 4 million or so.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/21/AR2005122101839.html

For good measure...
 

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
17,412
0
SF
There are plenty of counters to the complaints. But this sums it up:

YANKEES RULE!!! BOSTON SUX!!!!

Why don't you shoot another fan?
 

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
4,622
2
G14 Classified
Polandspring88 said:
I just read an article the other day concerning that. I believe the number was slightly more than 12 million. In fact, the Yankees had to pay out 34 million dollars. The Red Sox were the second highest team with a luxury tax of 4 million or so.
I read on ESPN some time back that the Yankees had structured the contracts of their major players (Jeter, Giambi, etc) so that they were backloaded. In other words, whatever they're paying right now in luxury tax will be pocket change compared to what's going to happen later when the big salary years kick in.
 

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
1,443
0
NH
Not that I am defending the Yankees ( 'cause I hate them like all true baseball fans do), but didn't the Red Sox cherry pick Damon from the poor, pathetic KC Royals?

He's gone for the money once before, so you should have expected him to do it again if he got the chance (and there is only one team that spends more than the Red Sox).
 

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
2,160
0
Around DC
People can say what they want about baseball but in that sport, money talks. I recall 6 months ago johnny damon was saying he would never join the Yankees and it was a bunch of rumors about it.
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,453
2,023
MTB New England
DNA said:
Not that I am defending the Yankees ( 'cause I hate them like all true baseball fans do), but didn't the Red Sox cherry pick Damon from the poor, pathetic KC Royals?
Oakland, actually. Damon went from KC to Oakland to Boston to NY.

The Red Sox are going to suck this year. :mad: :(
 

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
1,443
0
NH
I Are Baboon said:
Oakland, actually. Damon went from KC to Oakland to Boston to NY.

The Red Sox are going to suck this year. :mad: :(
That's right, I forgot about Oaktown.
 

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
17,412
0
SF
schwaaa31 said:
Thats quite the statement. You heartless ****.
1. What police force shot an innocent fan? (BOSTON)
2. What police force handcuffed Dee Brown because he was DWB (driving while black)? (BOSTON)
3. What FBI office had an agent giving information to a local crime boss, Whitey Bulger? (BOSTON)
3. What team really sucks?
 

schwaaa31

Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
877
350
Clinton Massachusetts
sanjuro said:
1. What police force shot an innocent fan? (BOSTON)
2. What police force handcuffed Dee Brown because he was DWB (driving while black)? (BOSTON)
3. What FBI office had an agent giving information to a local crime boss, Whitey Bulger? (BOSTON)
3. What team really sucks?
When did I say Boston wasnt corrupt? I said you were a heartless ****. The girl lost her life. Her parents lost a daughter. Someone lost a best friend. Merry Christmas to ya.
 

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
17,412
0
SF
schwaaa31 said:
When did I say Boston wasnt corrupt? I said you were a heartless ****. The girl lost her life. Her parents lost a daughter. Someone lost a best friend. Merry Christmas to ya.
Oh my god. And your eloquent, thoughtful response is a light to all the conflicts around the world.

Get off your pulpit and stop crying. If you want to enter the world of sport blather, you better have a thick skin.

BTW, did you attend Victoria's funeral, since you are so concerned for her parents and friends?