Quantcast

He went down in a blaze of glory

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
This is great!

FORT SUMNER, New Mexico (AP) -- A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Andy_B said:
This is great!

FORT SUMNER, New Mexico (AP) -- A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

Can you imagine the look on this knucklehead's face when he saw the burning mouse running back towards his house...classic! If the conditions were "dry and windy," why was this guy burning leaves in his yard?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
blt2ride said:
Can you imagine the look on this knucklehead's face when he saw the burning mouse running back towards his house...classic! If the conditions were "dry and windy," why was this guy burning leaves in his yard?
Ya know how the average person ain't all that smart? Well, half the people are even dumb and dumberer.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Now that's karma back at ya 10 fold right there!!!! I do not mind of the disposing of mice, but in a humane fashion. And if he had caught it alive how hard is it to set it free somewhere?

One of my previous offices had a mouse problem and we had some poison down. We actually caught a few in the office though and would go put them in the dumpster for the restaurant so they could have one last feast before they died! Little buggers at least had a good time before kickin it!!!!

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
I was on a fire crew in 2000. We were defending a hotline over a ridgetop with relative ease as the wind was blowing towards the fire. We had set the fire as backfire protection from a fire burning down in the drainage below, so the fire was only close to the ridge because of us (but it is a well-used method for burning out material near a ridgeline when the weather is in your favor).

About twenty minutes into the burn, I saw something start moving in the tall, burning grass. Next thing I see is a (very unhappy) jackrabbit moving away from the fire as quickly as possible. His burning body ran right between me and one other guy, over the road, and into "the green." Tried as we did to chase the fvcker down, we didn't, and he caused an additional few acres to burn. Not nearly as bad as a house, though.