Quantcast

headed to Crossville, TN + bringing my trailbike = HALP

300hp

Chimp
Dec 12, 2009
Yo,
So, I'm headed to TN for the first time in a couple weeks. I'll have my trail bike with a 2x ring and a fox 36 up front with me.

I really want to ride long fast downs. Not too into gaps and stunts, just haul-ass natural terrain. Enduro style riding, basically. putt up, rip down. I'm also totally down for a good xc loop. I'll have a car and will be able to go about an hour in any direction from crossville. I can't find any info on riding in the area....other than Windrock is about an hour away.

So help! maps, forums, anything would really help. I would love to ride windrock if there are enduro style trails. The only stuff I've seen video of is more than I'll be riding without the big bike....I don't know where to find good info on the area.

Thanks so much.
Hunter.

300hp

Chimp
Dec 12, 2009
is that an old person's golf course community where there is no booze?

Cause yeah. That sounds about right. Going so lady can take care of grandparent w/ a knee replacement. I'm the driver, then peacing out during the days to hopefully ride with some of yall.

Brett, where can a find a map of the newer trail system? Is it still shuttleable?

Have any of you been to montgomery bell? Anything worth riding in there?

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
I have not been out there. I think trail maps are available at the camp ground/rv office and and the place where you buy you passes at. It has been over a year since I rode them and they have done a lot of work to them since then. No, those trails are not shuttle accessible.

-Brett

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
is that an old person's golf course community where there is no booze?

Cause yeah. That sounds about right. Going so lady can take care of grandparent w/ a knee replacement. I'm the driver, then peacing out during the days to hopefully ride with some of yall.

Brett, where can a find a map of the newer trail system? Is it still shuttleable?

Have any of you been to montgomery bell? Anything worth riding in there?
Yup. Fairfield Glade. We were stuck there back a few months ago. Wife wanted to go some place for spring break and my boss gave us time share points, only they weren't worth crap and that was as good as we could get. You're basically looking at having to haul arse into Knoxville/Oak Ridge/Windrock to get any trail rides in. Alex, profro (doug), Brett are gonna be your resources. Good luck. That place is land locked by State Parks on all sides.

300hp

Chimp
Dec 12, 2009
Hmmm. When she asked me if I would drive down with her,I looked at a map, saw state parks with big hills everywhere, and figured there had to be miles of bike trails through at least one of them.

Whadda ya mean there is no Santa Clause :(