Quantcast

Headin' to England- any recommendations?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
partsbara said:
agreed,,, but go to switzerland if you want to get raped in the date... prices there ain t steep... they are fvckin vertical !!!
And there's a 20 euro tax to take a car across the border! Road tax.

I blew the budget in the uk, as my week in italy was completely covered. It cost me NOTHING. So awesome, full 4 course meals for lunch and dinner and press room breakfeasts. $22/eur night awesome hotel (44 split 2 ways). AND....we had a HAIRPHONE! :weee:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Transcend said:
I was on an expense account (sortof). :)

Place is pricey for sure. A decent meal was 8 pounds at least...that's $16usd. Ouch. Beers were cheap though, 1.75 for a pint in most places I went to in the party areas (not the fancy club areas).
I got a weekly pass when I was there in April. Was 20 quid. A pint was 2.85 almost everywhere. I think prices have gone up since you were there last mate.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
valve bouncer said:
I got a weekly pass when I was there in April. Was 20 quid. A pint was 2.85 almost everywhere. I think prices have gone up since you were there last mate.
Well if you didn't use a scallop pass, we have already covered the transport.

As for the pints..we weren't hangin' out in the same end of town. :rofl:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
i think our friend needs to add:

'smoke a joint at lords' to his list...

that was a good zone biatch.... :)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Transcend said:
Well if you didn't use a scallop pass, we have already covered the transport.

As for the pints..we weren't hangin' out in the same end of town. :rofl:
I think you mean the oyster pass mate.;) I think you must have got a student discount because mine was definitely over 20 quid.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
valve bouncer said:
I think you mean the oyster pass mate.;) I think you must have got a student discount because mine was definitely over 20 quid.
Ha, ya oyster. I quite possibly got a student discount, not sure. Not All I did was fork over the $ after my buddy talked to the dude at the window.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Transcend said:
Ha, ya oyster. I quite possibly got a student discount, not sure. Not All I did was fork over the $ after my buddy talked to the dude at the window.
Yeah I originally remembered it as the octopus card. It was some kind of sea creature anyway.
I wish I'd have known those places that had pints for 1.75. One of the good things about London/Britain is the number of good beers. A pint hand pumped from the cellar is bloody nice.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
Yeah I originally remembered it as the octopus card. It was some kind of sea creature anyway.
I wish I'd have known those places that had pints for 1.75. One of the good things about London/Britain is the number of good beers. A pint hand pumped from the cellar is bloody nice.

you cheap POS... i ll sell ya a pint of cheap 'golden man stream' for a buck and a quarter...

hand pumped :) lmfao.. . . . .. ..

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
valve bouncer said:
I spent a bit of time in the pricier areas as my buddy is a junior stock broker, so his friends all drive bad ass cars and party large. the rest of the time we spent our time up in pubs near aresenal stadium (whatever it is called, finsbury park tube stop). Lots of shaved heads, tatoos and heroin addiuct lookin folks.

I was actually staying in Chelsea on Oakley street (Angel tube). The neighbor drove a limited edition Lotus something (one of 50). Very sweet. Apparently it is a pretty historic part of town.

Edit: CAMDEN market was that huge ass flea market for the OP.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
partsbara said:
you cheap POS... i ll sell ya a pint of cheap 'golden man stream' for a buck and a quarter...

hand pumped :) lmfao.. . . . .. ..
haha ya freakin' danimal. The froth on the top is the best part.:rofl: :rofl:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Transcend said:
I spent a bit of time in the pricier areas as my buddy is a junior stock broker, so his friends all drive bad ass cars and party large. the rest of the time we spent our time up in pubs near aresenal stadium (whatever it is called, finsbury park tube stop). Lots of shaved heads, tatoos and heroin addiuct lookin folks.

I was actually staying in Chelsea on Oakley street (Angel tube). The neighbor drove a limited edition Lotus something (one of 50). Very sweet. Apparently it is a pretty historic part of town.

Edit: CAMDEN market was that huge ass flea market for the OP.
Chelsea is pretty swanky. My sister was living in Brixton. Bit of an eye-opener for an Australian country boy like me.
To the OP- I reckon just walking around London is great fun. Walking past all those famous places is a buzz. What's the old saying? "If you're tired of London, you're tired of life".

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
valve bouncer said:
Chelsea is pretty swanky. My sister was living in Brixton. Bit of an eye-opener for an Australian country boy like me.
To the OP- I reckon just walking around London is great fun. Walking past all those famous places is a buzz. What's the old saying? "If you're tired of London, you're tired of life".
Ah, ya. Brixton is pretty nice. We walked through it at one point.

What I was surprised at, besides the PSYCHO cat lady who owned the downstairs flat, was that 1 street over you'd think you were in a slum. It was weird how the entire town went from slub to swanky in a block. I noticed this all over town, not something I am used to.

I was thoroughly impressed with the transport system tho. Montreal has a decent system, but I reckon it is about 25% more expensive to go on a round trip and the system is nowhere near as comprehensive.

Figure 4 quid round trip in London at standard fare (tube/bus). It is about $10cnd here.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
you need to get off / on at the tube stations that aren t patrolled... we used to jump off after hammersmith (acton) and walk towards wormold scrubs... never policed and a cheap ride... good to get lashed and head home (to ya tent) after a days work on the m4...

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Definately chekout Camnden Markets on a Sat they were bloody awsome such a variety of things and food to buy i enjoyed it.
Not too mention a sh!te load of ppl.

on a side note skip the London Eye which is like 15-20 quid a trip

and go check out St Pauls Cathedral which has the massive dome for a few quid instead. Not only you get the spectacular inside for no extra cost you can climb to the top of the dome (like right to the very very top) and have spectacular 360deg panoramo of London that way.

Something like this :D