Quantcast

heading to tampa tomorrow

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
hi all,

i am off to tampa tomorrow. anyone have any ride suggestions? i've been told it is mostly urban, and that is fine with me. i'd be more than happy to meet up with peeps. i probably won't have transportation other than my bike. i'll be in town through sunday.

thanks,

adam

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
hi all,

i am off to tampa tomorrow. anyone have any ride suggestions? i've been told it is mostly urban, and that is fine with me. i'd be more than happy to meet up with peeps. i probably won't have transportation other than my bike. i'll be in town through sunday.

thanks,

adam
heck with a bike. head out to clearwater beach and enjoy the best "scenery" in FLA :brows:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
First of all Clearwater beach, although nice doesn't really have a whole lot of sites in comparison to say Ft Lauderdale/Miami and the like.

That being said there is a lot of riding real close to Tampa.

Alafia (about 20 minutes south of Tampa) - great trail system that is 12 or so miles I believe
Carter road - same general area slightly shorter, not as well marked
TOE - Lakeland, which is about 45 minutes from Tampa. Very cool trail, DJ and Stuntland area.

www.swampclub.org for trail info or www.ridgeriders.net

Have fun

BillT

Monkey
While being a nice beach, Clearwater does not hold a candle 'scenery'-wise to anything from South Beach up to Ft. Lauderdale. As far as riding is concerned, Rob mentioned the places that are nearby that are good but if you don't have a car, you are out of luck. Hit up some urban in downtown Tampa or try to hook up a ride with someone in the area to the trails - try www.ridgeriders.net for a hook-up/ride.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
thanks for the info. i tried checking freeride south earlier, but i can't recall my password.
not having transportation other than the bike and the bus is gonna make anything more than 30 minutes tough.