Quantcast

Heading to Winston-Salem / Greensboro

EuroNewbie

Chimp
May 14, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I am heading towards Winston-Salem, Greensboro in a couple of weeks (my wifes birthday treat - a weekend of riding). I plan on going to Hobby Park, & Dark Mountain. Where else is there to ride? (even into Boone, Ashville) DH, Free Ride sort of thing as my bike is not a light weight, and not that fun to pedal.

I am bringing a couple of XC buddies that I am going to try and convert to the dark side

If anyone wants to join us we will be there November 17th-20th :cheers:

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yea how is CP?

Last time i was out there was a month ago and I was damn glad there was a push broom available because we might as well have been riding in a rock quarry.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
I dont want to sound to dumb:bonk: but what is "CP"?
Country Park. It's in Greensboro, and a bunch of the area riders have built a bunch of dirt jumps. There are photos of the place all over RideMonkey, and if you search "Country Park" you should get a ridiculous amount of results.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Yea how is CP?

Last time i was out there was a month ago and I was damn glad there was a push broom available because we might as well have been riding in a rock quarry.
see...you guys like the push broom technique we brought with us huh?

sucks to hear CP is getting the beat down

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
yup cp gettin beat down, and all people do is complain about it. if your gonna complain so much go freakin fix it or do some work on it, or get a day and tell people lets go fix this,

oh and it still is fun i dunno who put the lip on tha main table but you over shoot that thing like crazy now if you hit it with any speed, its all good if you hit it slow tho....

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
yup cp gettin beat down, and all people do is complain about it. if your gonna complain so much go freakin fix it or do some work on it, or get a day and tell people lets go fix this,

oh and it still is fun i dunno who put the lip on tha main table but you over shoot that thing like crazy now if you hit it with any speed, its all good if you hit it slow tho....

I'd be glad to get out ther and build, but living 45min, away has its disadvatages, also I was not complaining, just simply stating there, time may be better spent elsewhere, it would be good for a couple hours but not a full day.

EuroNewbie

Chimp
May 14, 2006
Raleigh, NC
There are photos of the place all over RideMonkey, and if you search "Country Park" you should get a ridiculous amount of results.
You are right there is plenty of pics, it looks pretty fun. And for me not really being a jumper, I really wouldn't know the difference between a good & bad lip. I think I will definatly check it out, and maybe learn how to jump like the rest of you guys by the end of it:cheers:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003

hey man i wasnt complainin i was just sayin it sucks...i have driven 2.5 hours one way on 3 seperate day trips there just to help build. trust me if i lived near it i wold do a lot of work there.

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
one way is to take 40 towards greensboro, take us29 north once your in guilford county its just before the exit for us 421, head north on 29 till you get to cone blvd take that exit then head into g boro on cone, turn right onto lawndale ,, then head north on lawndale till you hit pisgah church turn left... country park will be the second right you come to just before the church.... stay to the right of the road follow the p lot all the way to the back park tehre and the jumps are behind the baseball score board.

lukedogg

Chimp
Nov 24, 2005
i'm just a dumbass bmxer but me, danw (clipped in on a cruiser and workin' it) and devault (solid as always, fresh off of a 12th place finish at the world cup in bc) had a good session today. thanks to whoever has been working on the lips especially the table between the second and third turn. that thing shoots you into outerspace. i thought it was nice out there. fast, not rocky and no dust. couldn't ask for better conditions. no it's not big and gnar but it's damn sure fun. gotta go pee.

EuroNewbie

Chimp
May 14, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Yes great weather today, had a great time riding at CP it was our first time there and we will definatly be back.

It was great seeing some riders like Devault hitting it, and going big.