Quantcast

Headlight bracket won't fit handlebars...

JGard

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
Boston, MA
Any ideas on how to make this thing work? I got a speedometer/computer and headlight yesterday. As I went to put them both on my bike, neither fit. With the computer, I was at least able to use zip-ties to secure it to the handlebars, because the bracket goes around the handlebars most of the way, just not enough to use the supplied screw that came with it.

Unfortunately now with the headlight, it seems to use an arbitrary type of screw and clamp device. Also, where one of the screw holes opens it directly under the light, meaning that a zip-tie would not fit through there.

Any ideas on this? I'm thoroughly beaten by this stupid thing! :)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
usually they come with those little rubber inserts the go between the bar and the clamp thingy. If they didnt you should take them back and tell them or rig it yourself. you can wrap electrician's tape around it till you’ve built it up enough to fit the clamp

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I take you have a 31.8 or 31.7 bar and the stuff you bought to mount on it is meant for a standard 25.8 to 26.0 diameter. Take it back and get something made for your bar.

JGard

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
Boston, MA
oldfart said:
I take you have a 31.8 or 31.7 bar and the stuff you bought to mount on it is meant for a standard 25.8 to 26.0 diameter. Take it back and get something made for your bar.
cool, thanks. I wasn't sure they made things in that way. Since I got the computer to mount and it's pretty secure, I'll leave it. But there's no way the light will work. Now I have to send it back to Nashbar...weee