Quantcast

Headset options...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
actually...when do you need a headset? i might have an old CC C2 in Fredericksburg that was in my Inbred when i first got it (meaning, it's had about 5 months of really hard Dirt Rag test ride riding, and about 5 months of newbie mtb-er riding), but i won't be going home for a few weeks.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
loco said:
yum - that would look hot on my orange frame (whatever color orange it is going to be)
it's a really rich orange color. wish i could decide what i want to do as far as frames go.

J

JRB

What do you mean? I thought you were going with the 5 Spot? I thought you bought one.

*I have a headset. Thanks though.

Did you get the blond chick to lick the headset??? :drool: :rolleyes:

I really want Laura to see that thread.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i've got the 5Spot, yeah...but man....it's so tempting knowing that i could sell it, buy a new frame, and still not spend $1200.

nah, no one licked my headset, but Bizarro is quite the 'stud' now at BSSC. it's kind of funny.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
biggins said:
i just dont understand.

i am not implying anything here Loco let me start by saying that.

however since urban riding was really cinvenient for me anywhere i went i did a lot of it in many different cities with hundreds of different people.
well as it does with any group of riders the conversation shifted to bike builds and whatnot. It always seemed to me the guys with the Pimpiest bikes built with mega expensive parts were the ones that rode from spot to spot watching everyone ride. the guys that threw down were the ones o nthe rat bikes that had random poached parts from various shops and left-overs from old bikes.
it got to the point where if i saw someone with a bike like that i assumned they couldnt ride. I know that is a terrible thing to say but it seemed like most of those guys spent more time polishing their hundred and some odd dollar headsets before,during and after the ride than they spent actually doing anything.

again i am not saying that about you. i have never been on a ride with you, its just another societal observation from me.

thats horrible to think. some of the nicest bikes i have seen are ridden by the best riders also (see pros, sponsored riders, etc etc)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Go for the Pig or if PricePoint still has the sale the Sky Pilot. For $25 shipped you can have a cro-mo lower cup/alloy upper w/ sealed bearings and a lower grease port. I run it on my DOC and it works well.