Quantcast

headset?

max123

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
I need a new headset for my demo 8 because mine creeks and I want something lower profile and with a deeper press. So far I am thinking crank brothers sage. Any other good options for something that is stronger, presses in deeper, and is lower stack than a chris king(my current set up)?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I need a new headset for my demo 8 because mine creeks and I want something lower profile and with a deeper press. So far I am thinking crank brothers sage. Any other good options for something that is stronger, presses in deeper, and is lower stack than a chris king(my current set up)?
I had the crank brothers on my R9 and loved it, no issues. I would recommend waiting until spring for a new crank brothers directset as the new ones should be coming out early spring and they are MUCH better.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So far we have been seeing the Direct sets are working well when you follow the install properly. Very low stack height as well.

One thing I want to add and you need to think about, if you run a real deep cup headset, you will need to make sure your headtuube is properly reamed for that headset.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
So far we have been seeing the Direct sets are working well when you follow the install properly. Very low stack height as well.

One thing I want to add and you need to think about, if you run a real deep cup headset, you will need to make sure your headtuube is properly reamed for that headset.
Very true. This is one of the few headsets that you can't use the hammer/wooden block method or just a straight headset installer. FOLLOW the instructions. I cracked two when I first got them because I didn't follow the mandatory installation instructions.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Very true. This is one of the few headsets that you can't use the hammer/wooden block method or just a straight headset installer. FOLLOW the instructions. I cracked two when I first got them because I didn't follow the mandatory installation instructions.
Its Also one of those headsets that are VERY critical to make sure your Headtube is faced properly as well.