Quantcast

Health Care Reform is Dead

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I know that we put in r40 in the attic. Swapped to all LED lights. Ac is set at 78 in the day 74 at night. We never set the furnace above 65. No outside decorative lights. Just 3 motion activated. Gas oven, furnace, water heater and dryer.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I know that we put in r40 in the attic. Swapped to all LED lights. Ac is set at 78 in the day 74 at night. We never set the furnace above 65. No outside decorative lights. Just 3 motion activated. Gas oven, furnace, water heater and dryer.
Our house is two story about 2650sf. Have R19 insulation in the attic. We just went to LED last week (PG&E swapped out 51 bulbs, “31” 6” cans for free) so we’ll see if that makes a difference. In the summer downstairs is will be around 77 degrees and during the hot days I’ll use the AC to sleep, upstairs is in the mid to high 80’s. It’s cooling down now, so no heat our air this month.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
California taxes the crap out of our gas, that's what contributes to the high prices. Problem is, the money is supposed to go into our infrastructure, fix our roads etc. If you've ever driven on CA roads they're a joke. 6th wealthiest economy in the world and our roads are plies of shit!
That's caus you spend it all on welfare for corperations and farmers ;)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I just tried to look at our Xcel bill to get those KWh costs, but then gave up. Current bill for October was $47 for elec and gas though.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Summer: $0.14
Winter: $0.09
just got this months bill, went down to $205:banana: so it has 2 tiers that I used this billing cycle @ 0.23 & 0.29. So it goes from 9/14-9/30 tier 1 allowance 168kwh after that it jumps to 267 allowance. Its less for the 10/1-10/15 portion as it starts at 147, then jumps to 211. Same dollar amount. I'm curious to see next months bill with the new light bulbs, if it make any difference.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I just tried to look at our Xcel bill to get those KWh costs, but then gave up. Current bill for October was $47 for elec and gas though.
Yeah, it's opaque. Transmission fee on top of per kWh fees, etc.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Was that with the $40 credit for using a "AC Saver Switch" program? If that's just straight up with no credit, it's quite impressive... impressive indeed! :thumb:

It's rather strange... because our October bill was *also* $47 elec & gas. :panic:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was that with the $40 credit for using a "AC Saver Switch" program? If that's just straight up with no credit, it's quite impressive... impressive indeed! :thumb:

It's rather strange... because our October bill was *also* $47 elec & gas. :panic:
What's the AC Saver Switch program?

/goes off to try and search/check bill

edit: No AC in our house so we definitely don't have it :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What's the AC Saver Switch program?

/goes off to try and search/check bill

edit: No AC in our house so we definitely don't have it :D
Yeah - I thought it would be strange if you had A/C. I figured since we don't use our A/C, that was an easy $40 for us. :D

Impressive work - that's *really* low energy usage. You work from home pretty much 100% too, right?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yeah - I thought it would be strange if you had A/C. I figured since we don't use our A/C, that was an easy $40 for us. :D

Impressive work - that's *really* low energy usage. You work from home pretty much 100% too, right?
I wonder if I can still qualify...
We both do.

And that's 12 panels? Fixed on a ground-mount type system, right?
I think sixteen, will go out and count sometime. Fixed mount, and the installer fuckknuckled it, it's pointing magnetic south, not true, not that it makes a huge difference. It's amusing to look at aerial views of installations - I think that 30% of installed solar ain't oriented correctly.

Edit: Sixteen.
00.jpg

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.