Quantcast

Health Care Reform is Dead

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
so i sat in my blues clues thinking chair (steve, not joe) and believe this might have the widest appeal to both sides of the full-throated screaming match: if you don't want to pay, fine; then you opt out of both coverage *AND* care.

i could standup a db tonight that would serve as a registry of those who opt-out, and put this up on amazon cloud services for a few hundred dollars per year. there would be a 30 day grace period following your 26th birthday where you are covered, after which time the batch is uploaded through the gateway to the hosted HA cloud. so when the bus shows up to begin to put your unconscious ass back together after the juggalo gathering, they can scan for the rfid chip in the scruff of your neck to see if you're approved for care, or if they should take you to a landfill, transportation expensed to project overhead.

we done here?
Wow, I like it.

Kinda like the guys who watched the fir department watch the house burn to the ground because they didn't pay the $75 yearly fee.

There was a jackass on facebook (shocking, I know) talking about how he doesn't have insurance because he "pays his own way for stuff".

<edit> Recycle usable organs to offset cost of disposal.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
That and the modern Hippocratic Oath and not acting like children (if this is the right's proposal then f*ck-off pushing other Christian fairy tale ideals on the US if you are going push non-Christian ideas like this). Is the US a modern first world nation or should we strive to be more like Mexico and Turkey? Giving care to the population that cannot afford it under the Affordable Care Act is a minute fraction of what we waste on our military.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
That and the modern Hippocratic Oath and not acting like children (if this is the right's proposal then f*ck-off pushing other Christian fairy tale ideals on the US if you are going push non-Christian ideas like this). Is the US a modern first world nation or should we strive to be more like Mexico and Turkey? Giving care to the population that cannot afford it under the Affordable Care Act is a minute fraction of what we waste on our military.
apart from your gross negligence to the facts of the *actual* desires of the right as how to treat the lesser in our population, it does not escape my notice that you qualify hippocratic oath with "modern" (presumably to avoid the reference to abortifacients), yet you continue at every [manufactured] opportunity to keep your [mis]interpretation of christianity relegated to old testament interpretations, ignoring where they've been superseded by the New Covenant

i'm on to you

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:rofl:

&#8220;Every Texan has health care in this state,&#8221; Mr. Perry said on Fox News. &#8220;From the standpoint of being able to have access to health care, every Texan has that. How we pay for it and how we deliver it should be our decision, not some bureaucrat in Washington, D.C., that may have never been to Texas a day in their life or, for that matter, in any of the other 49 states, trying to mandate this one-size-fits-all health care.&#8221;

Among the states, Texas has the highest uninsured rate, 24 percent, and the second-highest number of uninsured residents, 5.6 million children and adults, according to state and federal health officials.
He should have been to GOP nominee.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
i'm on to you
Doctors don't take the classic oath, the modern version isn't the same thing. There are a variety of Christian faiths but I'm pretty certain Andyman would press for the original rather than the further distorted delusion.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
apart from your gross negligence to the facts of the *actual* desires of the right as how to treat the lesser in our population, it does not escape my notice that you qualify hippocratic oath with "modern" (presumably to avoid the reference to abortifacients), yet you continue at every [manufactured] opportunity to keep your [mis]interpretation of christianity relegated to old testament interpretations, ignoring where they've been superseded by the New Covenant

i'm on to you

You're accusing someone of manufacturing outrage while at the same time being "outraged" by Obama's contextually challenged quote about small business owners? :think:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
You're accusing someone of manufacturing outrage while at the same time being "outraged" by Obama's contextually challenged quote about small business owners? :think:
there's nothing to manufacture about that.

as just one of many real-life everyday examples, give your wife your unsolicited opinion that she didn't give birth by herself & see how that goes over

"you're right, honey; it was the state subsidized training received by the state licensed ob/midwife, the state built infrastructure to get me to the state regulated hospital, which administered FDA approved epidural...", blah, blah, blah

:popcorn:

p.s. no, you cannot crash on my couch

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
will it be as awesome as a fema assistance?
Spent a little time volunteering out at the Rockaways this weekend. The FEMA folks had some really nice logo'd windbreakers and sweatshirts and were doing a lot of standing around. The Occupy Sandy people had duct tape name tags and a very efficient system that had me on my way with a carload of specific supplies for a specific site in a matter of minutes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Spent a little time volunteering out at the Rockaways this weekend. The FEMA folks had some really nice logo'd windbreakers and sweatshirts and were doing a lot of standing around. The Occupy Sandy people had duct tape name tags and a very efficient system that had me on my way with a carload of specific supplies for a specific site in a matter of minutes.
Is there a address where I could send you some 140 proof sipping whiskey?

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
well, i guess that's only envy towards Turkey because it has "Between 80 and 90 percent of the population, including self-employed workers, have health care provided by the national pension system"

and towards mexico, too, because "Public health care is provided to all Mexican citizens as guaranteed via Article 4 of the Constitution."

every f*ckin' 3rd world country has a higher standard in public health care than you poor souls, wuahahahahah..... :rofl:

'murica FTW! hahahahahahaha.........

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That doesn't sound too bad. Wanna get gay married and gay divorced?
Before I started here, I was paying $1100 a month for awful coverage through the company that I was contracting through. My current company has insane benefits, not just incredible medical/dental/vision. There are a hand full of companies around here who are taking the "we care about our employees and stuff" approach and upping perks and pay.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Before I started here, I was paying $1100 a month for awful coverage through the company that I was contracting through. My current company has insane benefits, not just incredible medical/dental/vision. There are a hand full of companies around here who are taking the "we care about our employees and stuff" approach and upping perks and pay.

Must be nice. Pretty sure my employer is trying the exact opposite.