Quantcast

Health Inspector score at restraunts.....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Do you ever pay attention to/notice it when you go in?

What is the lowest scored place you have eaten in?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
uhhhh in TN they dont do sanitation grading...if they do they require you to post it. thats why every back woods gas station is also a "grill" i have certainly eaten in some sketchy places in TN where i wouldnt really want to know the rating....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
biggins said:
uhhhh in TN they dont do sanitation grading...if they do they require you to post it. thats why every back woods gas station is also a "grill" i have certainly eaten in some sketchy places in TN where i wouldnt really want to know the rating....
Hmmm...interesting.

The lowest scored place I ate at had a 91.5, which is kind of low.

But they make damn good BBQ. And you beer drinkers would appreciate the selection they have.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
In oregon they do A, B, C etc but I never paid much attention. I worked in enough resturaunts to know the ratings mean very little as they are all pretty squalid. I think Denny's (believe it or not) care the most about kitchen cleanliness and general safe food handling.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Toronto it's only Pass/Fail.

On one hand, they're pretty picky on the Pass.

On the other hand, Restaurants in Chinatown (second largest in the world) don't have to submit to inspection. at all. eek.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I'm sure if most of us knew what went on in restaurant kitchens we'd probably never go out. Like sausages and laws it's best you don't the details of what goes into them.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
biggins said:
I am not sure what you are talking about. If sanitation grading is the same thing as health score then yes, they most certainly do score, once every six months. And any place that serves food to the public has a rating somewhere, they just don't want you to see it.

I have experienced the 'health inspector' scramble a number of times working in food service, destroying potentially failing grade evidence before thee inspector made it to my corner of the restaurant. I never check the scores. We always scored relatively high at Bogie's but I and TN have both had food poisoning from there and nowhere else in Memphis. If I am going to eat out, I am going to have to take risks.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
haha i remember when i worked at a restaurant, we would get a call from another restaurant saying the health inspecter was around so we would get our stuff all spic and span...i just don't think about it when i go out to eat.