Quantcast

Hear Ye, Hear Ye...

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
let it be known that henceforth, Tuesday a 7pm meeting at the Miller Ave cul de sac (Ipswitch), from now until a time as of yet undetermined, there shall be a meeting of users of that 2 wheeled contraption known as a mtn bike, and at said meeting, a ride shall commence with a time of completion also as of yet undertermined. it is also ENTIRELY possible that after said meeting, the consumption of a certain barely and hops flavored substance shall occur...again at a place as of yet undetermined (let it also be known that a favorable establishment might be abreast of the location)...first :monkey: to both respond to this hint correctly AND partake of the ride shall be rewarded with said barley and hops flavored beverage (assuming of course that said :monkey: is actually able to do so...explination not required i hope).

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
basically here it the plan

tuesday meet at IP switch for riding and with the posiblity for beer afterwards.

i'm sure that some of these ride could also turn into urban rides as well. beleave it or not norfolk has some urban that just needs to be hit.

unfortianly (god i cant spell) i will not be about to make it to these rides because of a very important class that starts at 7pm on tuesdays

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
ODU SUCKS! Screw class! RIDE! RIDE! RIDE! We don't need no ed-umakashun!:D Just bikes and alky-hol!
Sucks that you can't make it man. I'm almost definately going to be there. Barring any mitigating circumstance. Are your classes every tuesday night?
Ridetoofast and I will be there at least, Tattoo, you said you needed to get on your XC bike and put some time in, you should come out and join us, . . . . . . . .. . . . I know you're from way down south, do I have to give my personal assurance that you won't be hearing dueling bangos....?...:rofl: 'cause you know. . . . . . . . . . . .

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
The XC bike is shot, went out and rode it this weekend twice with the MRS, its all bad. I might drag the nomad out for some DJ time, if for nothing else it ought to be entertaining. The DJ bike is in the shop, the big DH is in the shop, and I am attempting to play mechanic with the XC. Nomad will come out.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Tattooo said:
The XC bike is shot, went out and rode it this weekend twice with the MRS, its all bad. I might drag the nomad out for some DJ time, if for nothing else it ought to be entertaining. The DJ bike is in the shop, the big DH is in the shop, and I am attempting to play mechanic with the XC. Nomad will come out.

wholly crap tattooo, don't you ever have a bike that is in working order? With as many bikes as you have, one would assume that at least ONE of those suckas would be running! :rolleyes:

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
For some reason the great magnate wasn't working in my favor today. Thought I'd have a working bike, but it was to no avail.

On the upside, my garage is really clean...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I'm only short two bikes right now, the DJ and the Demo are down at the shop, everything else I had the tools and parts in house to fix. Got the Enduro working at about 7, had to tear down my kings, which was fun. The Nomad is fighting me on several fronts, spending most of tonight down in the pit with it seeing if I can work some New Orleans voodoo on it to see if I can't get the rear break turning again. I see a new set of pads and a bleeding in my evening.

Wonder if I bleed the Nomad on a voodoo grave if I can see the future or influence a trial...

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
We got our inaugural ride in tonight. One and a 1/4 laps illuminated artificially, one half lap by moon light. Ridetoofast and an accompanying non:monkey: expierienced technical difficulties with their portable electricity storage devices. Needless to say, Sprocket the wonderdog wasn't very happy about our infelicitous turn of events.
i'd have to say Ipswitch is like a talented fat girl, fun to ride in the dark. :) :oink: It's definately on for next tuesday...........

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
tim you just have a way with words sometimes man

looks like i might hit up the IP switch tomorrow morring before classes and try to help burn in a loop (on the CX bike)

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
noname said:
need to form a pentagon from chicken bones and old v-brakes over the grave.............
Think it would help if I got nude and did my Mandingo polka?

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Tattooo said:
Think it would help if I got nude and did my Mandingo polka?
You're already married, so I'll assume you're just trying to get the bike fixed, in that case, I'd prescribe a nude Roxbury twitch (think SNL)with blue Celtic body paint, chain lube, and and rolls of uncooked sourdough peppered with Pedro's citrus degreaser. :oink:

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
That's filthy!

I like it!

Now I am turned on and hungry. Time to grease myself over in poly lube and find some girlscout selling cookies.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Sir_Crackien said:
tim you just have a way with words sometimes man

looks like i might hit up the IP switch tomorrow morning before classes and try to help burn in a loop (on the CX bike)
Sorry 'bout bailing out on you this morning, I got up early but was aching in a serious way:ouch: and didn't want to aggrevate it before a busy work day. :redX:

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
My Miata sold this morning, the guy is on his way up right now with the money, that being said I will definately have all appropriate illumination equipment required to thwart the absence of light that plagues trails like Ipswitch in the later hours of the earths rotation.
Ridetoofast, let me know if you want me to pick you up an extra mobile power source for your helmet mounted photon projection system when I make my order, that way we can save on shipping. :dancing:

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
The only lights I have left are my Vistalites, so I'll likely just purchase another handlebar mount so as to have a low beam to accompany the high(he gets lonely) and will endevor to requisition a helmet light of undisclosed manufacture and lumins(don't know what I'm going to get yet).
Thinking of a VooDoo dance under a full moon to conjure the spirit of Luna for advice. I'll need some old Nightrider batteries and some Huffy wheel reflectors for the spell to work though, already threw out the old nightriders, D@mn!:evil:

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I've got the 10 speed reflectors and two dead Niterider batteries, we're all set.

We're going to have to sacrafice Vanillian though, need the blood of a virgin, or the next closest thing.

Oh yea, and we're going to need ridetoofast's full face helmet, keeping in the step of things virgin and never used...

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Tattooo said:
Oh yeah, and we're going to need ridetoofast's full face helmet, keeping in the step of things virgin and never used...
Naw, that helmet had it's cherry popped this weekend when Sprocket the Wonderdog ran in front of him while he was jumping the step down into the ravine and he got crossed up something fierce. Looked more painful than a tobasco sauce enema.:eek:

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
as was my concern, it has been brought to my attention that technically we're 'poaching' the trail by conducting a night ride. considering the fact that the trail is currently under evaluation by the city it would be prudent to determine a new meeting place, and entry through the trail head vs. the cul de sac (less visibilty to the neighbors) as we do not want to elicit complaints at this delicate time in the negotiations between the city and evma.

having blathered all of that, im not sure where we can park but i am assuming that a mutually agreeable location can be determined. i can say that the convenience of the cul de sac will be missed, but it is better than pissing off the 'hood and cutting ourselves off at the knees at this juncture in time...

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
noname said:
Naw, that helmet had it's cherry popped this weekend when Sprocket the Wonderdog ran in front of him while he was jumping the step down into the ravine and he got crossed up something fierce. Looked more painful than a tobasco sauce enema.:eek:
i only wish that were true, but unforutnately it was popped long before that. i came up short on the ski jump nose casing, and went OTB faster than paris hilton going down on a shipping magnate heir.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
How about the shopping center by the wafflehouse? That way our vehicles are under lights and in public view to deter hoods from harassing our cars. We'll also be plenty away from the trail without being to far to hurry back if (God forbid) someone takes an involuntary soil sample and donates an unwise volume of skin to the trails dinner menu.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
All right fellas, time to start planning on Tuesday nights ride.Posting this now so we have plenty of time to find out who is going to make it. Just post back if you're going to show.:cool:

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
it depends entirely on my ability to walk...

just got back from 1/2 marathon. i was doing fine until mile 11 working on a 2:30 pace and then my calves...well they became non existent and i hit a wall. i ended up walking the last two miles getting passed by all shapes, sizes, and ages. pride didnt matter at that point i just wanted to cross the finish line.

ill let you know tues morning.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
ridetoofast said:
it depends entirely on my ability to walk...

just got back from 1/2 marathon. i was doing fine until mile 11 working on a 2:30 pace and then my calves...well they became non existent and i hit a wall. i ended up walking the last two miles getting past by all shapes, sizes, and ages. pride didnt matter at that point i just wanted to cross the finish line.

ill let you know tues morning.

PVSSY!

:D
Just kidding, I couldn't do an 1/16 marathon

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
i might/i hope, to have my fuel back in commision by tues night.

just got back from practicing for the adventure race up at new quarter and my FVCKING knee is acting up again...

if i do make it out tues night...its gonna be a panty waist ride. i don't see any hammering in my future next week.

saturday im in for 9 hrs and 45-50 miles depending on how accurate our navigation is.