Quantcast

***Heart attack monderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Walking dog this morning down by the creek. Full dark, see something moving. Whip out flashlight, and it's a red balloon, floating head level across the green way. Not frightening AT ALL.

Fuck you, Stephen King.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning....... spent the weekend at Softball games, Horse shows, I was able to stack around 12 piece of firewood... :thumbsdown:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
snow never came yesterday....maybe fuck around in glacier this morning.....at least what is open....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

DMV today to establish MA residency, running some errands, waiting for the HVAC guy to come and let us know the deal, then likely more drywalling.

Such is life.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Dropping off kids then going riding.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good night sleep, possibly because I went to sleep before Wifey got home from dinner with her cousin and actually slept some before the flailing started. Off to a school in the mtns for the whole day.

Got a request from a client to meet at after 7pm to review her account. She told me that she has an advisor she will not be leaving and her account is less than $4000. That's a hard no.

Otherwise stupid busy week and I'm also dealing with Wifey's car search in my down time. Have a large presentation Thursday and I'm losing my voice as well...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
For those of you not following along in the Mini-Monkey Gaggle thread, I spent the weekend chasing and being chased on bikes by @rideit and some other friends. We knocked out ~60 miles over two days, easily 2/3 or more of which were descending. I’m guessing we netted about 12-15k of DH in two days.

We had a solid crew... that dude dropped right in with us and is pretty well matched with my DH speed so it was super fun trading the lead back and forth through different sections, and generally hauling ass. He did somehow manage to thrash his knee pretty good on Saturday doing basically nothing, but rallied for more riding on Sunday. I hope I’m as fast when I’m his age, though hopefully not as fragile!

:D

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Had a great ride yesterday. That is all, well, besides finding out our oven is FUBAR. 25+ years old and some wonky ass size. So either spend $600 to fix an old ass oven, or drop change on a new one when we are planning on redoing the kitchen in the next few years knowing I wouldn't be buying something I actually want to re-use.

Attachments

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
yea its super rare for me. since i started using a sleep tracker i've learned my average night's sleep is under 6.5 hours. last night i got almost 8 hours.
Once a week I try to get some really long sleep and it really helps but since now I'm training a lot 8h wasn't enough but im really bad at it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Once a week I try to get some really long sleep and it really helps but since now I'm training a lot 8h wasn't enough but im really bad at it.
i'm kinda the same way. i push myself too much for too long then crash and burn. although i'm not as bad as i used to be about it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ended up not going riding. Traffic exceptionally bad this morning. Google Maps was reporting 39 minutes from the middle child’s school just to Golden, so at least an hour to the Mountain Lion trailhead, and then when I got on that particular route it had all manner of backups that aren’t typical.

So I turned around and will instead plot to travel down to the auto repair shop via commuter bike + trains to pick up the Land Cruiser before noon.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
i'm kinda the same way. i push myself too much for too long then crash and burn. although i'm not as bad as i used to be about it.
Lol it's not pushing myself. I just end up reading and watching stuff too late and that's why I don't sleep. I train during the day. My brain just gets into hyperspeed past 11PM for some reason (probably ADD) so I end up being a zombie, working slow and then getting 1 day of good sleep and working like a maniac.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Lol it's not pushing myself. I just end up reading and watching stuff too late and that's why I don't sleep. I train during the day. My brain just gets into hyperspeed past 11PM for some reason (probably ADD) so I end up being a zombie, working slow and then getting 1 day of good sleep and working like a maniac.
roger that. i have a desk job, 2 kids, and a house, and still try to find time to workout and occasionally ride. my wife's been on disability for a year and a half now so i still have some extra responsibilities that contribute to it.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
roger that. i have a desk job, 2 kids, and a house, and still try to find time to workout and occasionally ride. my wife's been on disability for a year and a half now so i still have some extra responsibilities that contribute to it.
Sorry to hear about that. My schedule is much lighter. No kids, just 2 cats, I just get easily distracted and I try to do too many things at once and sometimes I bite more than I can chew in terms of projects which don't benefit me in any reasonable way. So at least you have a good reason for not getting enough sleep.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sorry to hear about that. My schedule is much lighter. No kids, just 2 cats, I just get easily distracted and I try to do too many things at once and sometimes I bite more than I can chew in terms of projects which don't benefit me in any reasonable way. So at least you have a good reason for not getting enough sleep.
i have reasons now, but not always. i am prone to being a night owl. when i was in college i'd run on 4, maybe 5 hours of sleep a night for weeks on end (alternating between coffee and beer to keep me going), then i'd just crash and burn out of nowhere and sleep for upwards of 15 hours and repeat.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
i have reasons now, but not always. i am prone to being a night owl. when i was in college i'd run on 4, maybe 5 hours of sleep a night for weeks on end (alternating between coffee and beer to keep me going), then i'd just crash and burn out of nowhere and sleep for upwards of 15 hours and repeat.
In high school i was sleeping literally 2-3h during weekdays. I had memory blackouts. Not good stuff. Now it's kinda nice to know I'm not a moron per se and I just have all the ADD which joined with an absolute lack of parenting resulted in a person who is bad at listening to his brain.

Also I don't get how beer helped you with not sleeping. Beer makes me super sleepy. Give me 2 beers and I'm a zombie. Then again coffee doesn't wake me up either. Nothing really does besides hardcore stress and even that works rarely.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Also I don't get how beer helped you with not sleeping. Beer makes me super sleepy. Give me 2 beers and I'm a zombie. Then again coffee doesn't wake me up either. Nothing really does besides hardcore stress and even that works rarely.
i was drinking a really excessive amount of coffee and otherwise couldn't sleep, plus general college partying.