Quantcast

Heartburn While Riding?

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I've been having a problem where if I drink water before riding my mt bike on the road, or drink as much as I should while riding I get heartburn. Anyone have experience with this? Would eating something at the same time help? I've had problems with heartburn before, but not while riding my bike.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
go see your doctor. they'll probably put you on a proton pump inhibitor if you're not already on it.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Hmm, call me a hippie, but I'd prefer to take care of it without medication if possible. But I will keep that in mind.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hmm, call me a hippie, but I'd prefer to take care of it without medication if possible. But I will keep that in mind.
if that's your aim, then why not just not do the things that provoke it? you seem to have laid them out pretty clearly in the first post. :D

also keep in mind that certain foods (spicy/fatty/caffeine-y/chocolate-ty especially, just think "tasty") provoke the stomach to secrete more acid than others.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
also keep in mind that certain foods (spicy/fatty/caffeine-y/chocolate-ty especially, just think "tasty") provoke the stomach to secrete more acid than others.
:stupid:

I make sure to eat 2 to 3 hours before any and all exercise. If I eat to close to the ride, I get a very sour stomach. Also, gatorade and other high fructose corn syrup drinks are OUT OF THE QUESTION. Acid reflux can be a very personal thing, the most important and toughest thing is to figure out what works best for you.