Quantcast

Heath sherratts current condition

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
vitox said:
thats great to hear, the initial report was so worrying that him walking by now is pretty astounding

great news on this morning.
Ya, he is doing realy well. There is talk of him going to interbike.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Jesus - another close call...

Good to hear you're healing up and getting better. Hang tough, and we're all thinking of ya bro... :D

Edit: I gotta say one thing here though: If NORBA continues on its path of trying to kill/maim/dismember riders by making the courses more "extreme" through poor design work, I'll take a fu@#ing DNR any day.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Is it just me, or does it seem like there have been an aweful lot of neck injuries recently?

Best of wishes Heath :thumb:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
you would think NORBA or any of the race setups would have a "pro" section and the regular race sections. Back in my BMX days there were always a Pro line and the normal course.

That is a huge stepdown. I dunno but from the looks you'd have to be hauling some major arse to make it to the landing. It looks like it should be 3-4ft shorter OR more. The pics I've seen I can't really tell, but it definately looks like a big gap.

Hope he heals quickly. I agree with Fultron, it does seem like alot of neck/spine injuries lately. Those are by far the worst as they can take forever to heal and are very painfull. Why couldn't he have like........broken a toe or finger or something...... :)

Good news to hear none the less though!

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five

The stepdown in discussion....

My buddy Steve went down on it about 20 minutes before Heath did(we saw his crash and were in the First Aid place at the same time). This guy just had a concussion and couldn't remember most of the day and previous day(currently ok).

The jump wasn't hit by most pros and while it seemed to be a big line, I don't think it was seen as anything to hit if you wanted to be fast. The landing was too small. It seemed like the fault lay in people trying something over their head. Mountaincross always seems to have the worst and most injuries. Seems to give people a lot of courage to do stuff they shouldn't. A pro-line might be smart, but really it comes down to the amateurs making smart decisions.

Get better Heath, best wishes man.

The Ito

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
this thread may be turning... I believe that this years course was some sort of response to last years wholesome design and the complaints that it garnered. It was far from perfect, but it was fast, fun, and gave the opportunity to flash yer nuts if you wanted. What happened to Heath should not demand that we find somebody to blame, it was just a consequence of what happens when we're trying to squeeze a time in under the clock. Speaking for myself, I will say that an extra hour of practice would have helped tremendously. I rolled the course once, then managed two runs at speed(casing the step down). Then it was time to qualify. You've got to pull out a couple of stops in your qually, as it determines your gate selection for the entire race. Heath is a rider of exceptional talent that had an unfortunate accident in his pursuit of a national title... Get yourself better bro. - Jim.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Yeah, it wasn't the course. I just pushed it in my qualifying run and made an error. Back tire came up too high and I endo'd from the top. I loved the course and had a great time there. I think the 4X and DH courses were two of the best courses I have ever ridden. Thanks for all the support guys and I'll see you as soon as possible thanks to God.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Heath Sherratt said:
Yeah, it wasn't the course. I just pushed it in my qualifying run and made an error. Back tire came up too high and I endo'd from the top. I loved the course and had a great time there. I think the 4X and DH courses were two of the best courses I have ever ridden. Thanks for all the support guys and I'll see you as soon as possible thanks to God.
Wow, welcome back, Heath. That's a great attitude, and it sounds like a tremendous recovery you're making. Best of luck. Heal fast.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
heath,

i remember you from brian head...you talked with me about worlds in 04 in les gets at the dual course.....

you made my day when you talked about how stoked you were watchin the footage.

good on ya for callin out that the course wasn't the problem in mammoth, some times pilot error at the wrong time will bite ya....although i thought it was gnarly in the wind.

keep your chin up...you'll be back before you know it.

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
Heath Sherratt said:
Back tire came up too high and I endo'd from the top.
I saw your whole run from the start gate. It was one of the scariest crashes I've ever witnessed. After that, I took the step down slower then in my practice runs. Hope for a speedy recovery.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I like Eric's question to you today, "You at the Dirt Demo?" I was yelling from the back, "He broke his back last week!!!"

I also talked to Justin today, who needs some work on his Prophet, and I am going to hook up like you would (5% off). Joke joke!!!

Great to see you out of the hospital last week. Read my blog when it comes out.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
TYM said:
I saw your whole run from the start gate. It was one of the scariest crashes I've ever witnessed. After that, I took the step down slower then in my practice runs. Hope for a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the well wishes. Sorry I scared you a little, not my intentions. I hope your race went well. H