Quantcast

Heckler Question

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
I recently bought an 04 Heckler frame with a Fox Float R shock, and I'm now thinking of buying a used FOX TALAS RLC with a 7.75 inch steer tube. Do you think that the steer tube is going to be long enough? Also, do any of you know the i2i on the Heckler? I've only been riding a couple of years and don't really know the mechanical side of it.

Thanks! :D

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Carbon Fetish said:
What size heckler? What stem and headset do you plan on using on it? The small has a 3.9" headtube, medium/4.5", large/5.3" and the XL/5.9".

It's a medium Heckler, and I'll probably be using the Cane Creek headset off of my old bike, (Trek Fuel) if it will work. If not, I'll purchase something else. Actually what I'm trying to do is take everything off of my old bike, which is all Bontrager (It's all the stock stuff that came on the Trek Fuels), and put it on the Heckler, and then upgrade when I can afford to do so. I haven't actually gotten the frame yet, it should be here next week. Since I haven't gotten the frame yet, I have no idea whether the old stem will work or be comfortable enough for me to use. Any suggestions on stems and headsets if the old ones will not work? Or do you think that set up is out of the question for that fork/bike combination?

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
Well what stem you use is key because the clamp part of every stem is a different height...so you really need to know what your using before you can get a fork, but you might be able to get away with that steerer length with a fairly low clamp and a small amount of spacers...but like I said it all depends

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
like everyone said, you'll have to know your stack heigth of your stem, headset, and headtube add that all together and if you still have under your 7.75 (steertube) measurement it's a GO! Stems make a large difference in stack height so.... figure out what stem you are going to use and take the measurement with that.

7.875 x 2.00 is the shock size for a heckler that will give you 5" of travel

alot of them ship with a 7.875x 2.25 now giving the heckler right around 5.5" of travel

but 7.875 is your i2i

hope that helped in someway

J

JRB

I hope the Talas works out. It's a nice fork. I finally got mine right.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
=[Stinky]= said:
superderf... Your avatar focking rules the school.

Impeach bush :thumb: Any idea where i can get a pair?
Ask marla streb, it's her foot. i took that one day dirt jumping with a whole bunch of people in VA. I have no idea where she got those. I think they may only be for people who are really fast, or something. Thanks though.