Quantcast

Heel spurs ain't for horses

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
With everything else going on today, had a podiatrist appointment and it turns out I have bad heel spurs and severe plantar faciatist (sp). Cortizone shot to the heels every Monday for 3 Mondays. Nothing they can do, severe arthritis as well. Ice, stretch, and recover.

So much for trying to do a tri next summer. Doc did say biking and swimming are best options.

Any other aged Monkeies have any remedies or cures?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I saw a podiatrist at UCLA awhile back for the same thing. His advice was to slow down, stop running and relax. In other words, die.
I said "Uhmmm, my work wont let me do that quite yet". He said "Then I cant really help you..."

No real cures thta I have found.

BigT

Chimp
I had plantar fasciitis about 7 yrs ago. It hurt so much I couldn't even bike without pain. The cortisone shots only worked for ~2 months for me. Then it came back. My doc had to knock me out and do a high voltage ultrasound to the fascia. It hasn't been back since.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I had plantar fasciitis about 7 yrs ago. It hurt so much I couldn't even bike without pain. The cortisone shots only worked for ~2 months for me. Then it came back. My doc had to knock me out and do a high voltage ultrasound to the fascia. It hasn't been back since.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

He also did an ultrasound to dee the ligament and how bad it's inflamed.

Turns out my right foot is having a boy!

tunnelvision

Monkey
Oct 25, 2007
Mmmm coritsone shots... I had a round of those 2 years ago. Work had me standing 10 hours a day. Thankfully at the height of the pain I was promoted to a nice office job = no more standing. After awhile it cleared up. Rest + Rest X cortisone shots = pain free most days. I dread mall shopping though. A few hours of walking lugging bags and the pain temporarily flares up. So yeah, your screwed for life... sorry to break it to ya.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Slowtwitch has a plethora of threads regarding PF.

What I did...
- Never walked barefoot
- Changed shoes several times a day
- Massaged the fascia throughout the day using a golf ball
- Froze a water bottle and used it on occassion

"They" also say wearing a night splint does wonders. But yeah, don't run. That's out.