Quantcast

height

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
just out of curiosity, anyone know how tall sam hill is? and what size bike he rides? i was just wondering coz if he is tall, i cant think of anyone whos not around 6ft really doing well in dh.

TomBo

Monkey
Jan 13, 2004
Calgary,Alberta
Your body soaks up most of the rough stuff and works the bikes travel. More you can move body you the more travle you can run, the more traction you can find. (my .02)

Iam coming off a old Med V-10 :help: because it just too big for me. Iam 5'7" with short legs. I found that I just couldn't work threw the travle to pump/suck up stuff, or move around on the bike enough.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Kanter said:
Peaty is over 6ft
peaty is big for sure... 6 2 or thereabouts.. bigger ???.. i ve got an old photo from i bike somewhere... i m 5 11 and he towers over me...

if i m not mistaken hilly is 5 10 ish... prolly a medium(ish) frame, custom touches as expected... i assume... todd / dw ??? is he on a stock sunday team ??

POWER TURNS BIATCH :evil:

go west ozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I would put peaty at 6'2. I am 6'5 and have met him and he is shorter than me.

Miles rockwell was a big mofo. Wasn't he upwards of 6'5?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Height does not matter. In leelikesbikes.com´s book he talks about how Peaty and Lopes descend about equally, using their different physical statures in quite differing styles. Peaty powers through the corner at the apex or something, and Lopes just scoots around smoothly and sprints up to speed. I think that´s a bad example, but any time you try to generalize this broadly about DH racing, it is simply not true. Just know how to use what you got and be happy, it really doesn´t matter too much.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Robbie Bourdon is a midged, but Cedric if I remember, we looked eye-to-eye, around 5'11". Peat is a big boy. 6 foot something, but also he is pretty heavy I thought, around 230, if I'm not mistaken. I generally think more "pro freeriders" and small, Richy Schley is a munchkin. Racers on the other hand varry in all shapes and sizes.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
well its true that we all have our advantages, but then again most dh world cup dh tracks seem to be fast and open. and i think that suites bigger riders, small riders suit tighter tracks.. i think..