Quantcast

Heli biking in Whistler/anywhere in BC

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I'm in the midst of planning a Whistler trip/BC extravaganza tour in 2 weeks. Heli biking is on the list of maybe's right now. Is it something that "gnarcore" riders would enjoy? Or is it just a lame tourist-y thing? I've never been to Whistler and planning only to do around 6 days there on this trip (the rest reserved for Silverstar, Sun Peaks, and maybe something else). Assuming money is no object would I just be better off doing an extra day at the park?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
The Rainbow drop in Whistler is super fun and very easy to do. Do it in the morning and you can still get an afternoon session in the park. There are some fun rides up in Pemberton too, but that's a full day.

Another option is a float plan backcountry ride via Tyax Adventures.

But really I have no idea if these are gnarcore enough for you.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
If you've never been to Whistler before (I take it you haven't), just focus on riding the park. It's plenty gnarly.

Also, ride Top of the World at least once -- just because.

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Plan a day of shuttling Diamond Head in Squamish and a couple days riding Cyprus, Seymour, and Fromme in North Vancouver. We rented a van and locals were plenty happy to show the way in exchange for free shuttles. Whistler Park was fun but not that different from other parks. The backcountry and old school freeride trails were the highlight of the trip (along with similar trails around Bellingham).

Last edited: